• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

'Ceptrin' antibiotic granuals

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Has anyone used them? Benson is having a very rare reaction after his neuter and one ball is literally up like a balloon so he is now on Frances Harcourt-Browns favourite antibiotic which I have never used before.

Am I right in that you add 6 mls water to the orange granuals in the bottle thus making up a whole 10 mls in one go? Then you give 0.5 mls twice daily for 5 days? Or do you make it up as you go along?

They smell lovely too, if they taste that good then I want some!:lol:

Hi we use septrin but have never had to make it up myself it always comes done for us. Sorry not much use am I :roll:
It's a childrens antibiotic that why it smells so nice.:D

The bottle should be clearly labelled with instructions on it, it is unusual for it not to come ready made up. I would make the lot up rather than fiddle about trying to divide the granules. It normally keeps at least a week when made up provided it is stored at less than 25C

Thanks.

The little blighter liked it so much he tried to eat the dropper and has cracked it in half :roll:

Back