• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lump on Effie's chest

chloaster

Warren Veteran
I found a lump on Effie, my little Nethie x's chest last night between her front legs. My hubby has taken her to the vet for me today. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. The lump does move around on her chest but doesn't come to a closed point on her skin, it is a bit wider. Please could you pray that it's nothing serious and that the vet has wisdom to know the best course of action for her. Thank you.

Oh No! Thats were our poor Pippa's started :cry: I hope that it can be easily removed since its been caught early. Lots of vibes to you X

Thanks Jane, Sooz and ct, Hubby has just called from the vets and it's a cyst. She has to go in for the next four days to be flushed and plugged and they found a secondary smaller one but she's going to be ok!! Yay!! Thanks again.x

Thats great news Chloe. Sending loads of healing vibes to the gorgeous Effie Girlie bun xxx

Thanks guys, the lump is healing nicely but Effie is doing the typical bunny thing and now not eating. We have syringe fed her SR, baby food and water with probiotic, and she has had metacam, she voluntarily ate a small bit of barley ring but appart from that is not interested. Her tummy doesn't feel hard but it is making gurgling noises. The vet has said to keep going as we are and take her in tomorrow as planned. I got some parsley and corriander as Steph suggested (xx) but she is not interested in them either. She's bright in herself and is moving around and doesn't seem to be in any pain - but she is just not right. Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

What dose of Metacam is she on ?
Were the lumps abscesses ? It just seems a bit odd that cysts would need flushing and plugging :?
Is she pooing? If her guts have slowed down due to stress she may benefit from a shot of metoclopromide.

Janex

She had 5drops this afternoon, not due any more til tomorrow am. It is an abcess, I wrote the first thread when I had only spoken to hubby, he is the one who has been running her to the vets as I have been on shift the last couple of days.
I haven't seen any poos, I brought her inside for about 3hours this afternoon but she seemed more stressed being on her own away from the others and when I put her back out the first thing she did was go to her litter tray and do a wee so think it wasn't helping having her inside.

Does she like banana?

If mine are not eating I always try banana as they can usually be tempted with that.

Sending vibes for Effie, hope she is better soon xx

Chloe after tempting Dotty to eat I have all sorts here. Pop up tomorrow after work and Ill do you a treat bag and leave in porch if you like :D Sending lots of vibes to Effie and hugs to you x :D

Back