• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does Your Bun Shuffle His Bum?!?

sonnet

Alpha Buck
This might be a strange question but does anyone's else's bun shuffle backwards & downwards in their litter trays when they're about to do a wee? :oops:
Merlin is a neutered male & does this more & more lately - apart from the occasional tum-trouble he's a very happy & very wee-producing-well rabbit!

Both mine do that. The hop into the litter tray, turn round, and then shuffle back until their tails touch the back of the tray(I have high-backed trays thankfully!) and then perform. Clever bunsters:D

lily does this :lol: have a litter tray with quite a high back and she still manages to pee over the top :lol: :roll:

fi x

yep then they lift their tails up and you always think they are going to pee over the side lol - and then the look of intense concentration and then you hear the woosh sound out of them :lol: - can you tell I watch them pee

This dosnt mean that their anal glands need attention does it? I know its a symptom in dogs?

yikes...just had to remove the most enormous signature photo.......back to the drawing board.

I dont think it has anything to do with the anal glands that they do it - cos its not really a scooting a long on the back side like a dog its more a shuffle - but I reckon they are doing this *because they arent that stupid (although sometimes debatable lol).. If you think about it , if they didnt shuffle and lift up their bunny butts , then they would have wet back ends all the time...
Method in their madness :lol:

Back