• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Wet bottom??

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
Darcy has a wet botty/undercarriage. Its clean of poo and there is no squishie poo uneaten around the place. The wet seems like it might be wee as it smells horrible!! :shock: :oops: He is fine and healthy otherwise. The girls are both fine and dry and clean. I'm wondering if this has something to do with humping??

He may have a Urinary Tract Infection. If he is leaking wee and it smells offensive I'd take him to your Vet for a check up. With all the *embarassed cough* humping :oops: he may have a sore *another embarassed cough* willy :oops: :oops:

Janex

Oh my!! :oops: :oops: :oops: The girls don't let him hump them - they run away once he starts. Will this still cause soreness??

Oh my!! :oops: :oops: :oops: The girls don't let him hump them - they run away once he starts. Will this still cause soreness??

No, I thought you meant Darcy was the one being 'busy' :oops:

If he is leaking wee and its particularly smelly I'd get him checked by your Vet. Are the girls litter trained? Could he have sat in a puddle of wee from one of them?

Janex

Brody's wet bum was the first symptom of her arthritis so I'd agree wit hJane and definitely get him checked by a Vet

Romy has just rung me her computer has just failed and she is being sent a new hard drive for it.

She thinks that the girls have pee'd in the corner of the litter tray, after they have carefully moved the megasorb away from corner and Darcy has sat in it. She is going to keep a careful eye on him to see if it happens again and will get him checked out if this does happen.

Hia I took Darcy and Annie to the vet this morning as they had a nasty fight last night. The vet said Darcy had a "lovely clean and dry" boy area with no crystals or anything to suggest UTI or anything else. He thought it was just the scenting/sharing a litter tray with new rabbits. :D

Darcy had some scratches to the insideof his ears and poor Annie had a nasty bite/scratch to the base of her right ear which bled badly last night. I cleaned them both up and kept them clean so today luckily they had scabbed up and not infected. Vet said they really weren't that bad just can look scary when its bleeding at the time thank heavens. Vet suggested some good Aloe Vera Gel from the local chemist which is safe for bunnies so I've got some now and about to apply it. :D

Awwwww, poor Annie. :cry: Have they made friends again now?

I know!! She is fine and the wound healed up nicely with aloe vera gel. She is such a good little bunny and didn't try and scratch off the gel - unlike Darcy! men :roll: :roll: :lol:

I was really upset at first and worried that I would have to keep them in seperate rooms but they've all made up again now. No fighting at the mo (fingers crossed) but its still either Annie and Beatrix snuggled up or Darcy and Beatrix snuggled up never the three at the same time. I'm hoping tat will come wit time. I have to say whoever is on their own if its for a long time then I got snuggle up them so they don't feel unloved/left out. :oops: :lol:

Annie raises her nose to me for kisses and rubs - and she licks me! She is such an affectionate rabbit I can't believe that anyone could call her aggressive or grumpy!!:shock: :roll: :D Beatrix has started licking me and they both eat from my hand which is fab. :D Darcy is coming round as he has started playing in same area of kitchen with toys as Annie without a fight so I think this is progress. Another two weeks in the kitchen should bond them totally - fingers crossed!! xxxxx:D

Back