• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting New Bun U/D He's here! Pics added

catswhiskas

Warren Veteran
Well I had Lily spayed to try and cut down the fighting between her and Caramel so that the 4 buns bond could continue. However it looks as though there is too big a rift between Caramel and Lily. So I am stuck. Was looking on the rabbit rehome pages yesterday at work and my friend Donna (who I inherited my baby Bugsy from ) said that I could take her male rabbit Sandy. She rescued him from the lady down the road who kept letting him escape and would then hit him for it. So now Sandy is coming to be Lily's bit of stuff!!! He is a helicopter lop who is a sandy colour with dark areas round his nose and ears. So cute xxxx OH doesn't know yet! :D

Last edited:
Well he is here!!!!! He arrived today and has been out in garden and eaten some cabbage. He isn't used to hopping about and needs to build his muscles up but he will soon be as zippy as the others. He has also had a few bonding sessions with Lily and they have gone well. No aggression however he did not do himself any favours by trying to have his wicked way on the first night!:roll: :oops: ;)

However Lily soon put him in his place and told him she was not that kind of girl! So all in all it is going well. Been bonding horses and rabbits this week. Very stressful! :roll: Pics will follow shortly!

Here he is! I am uploading more pics but I am on dial up so am just getting them up onto my photobucket. Its taking forever so more pics will follow soon. He and Lily are very happy together! They are just lying nose to nose or side by side all the time :love: He is called Sandy, but he was my friends so Sandy it is! Also he knows it too!

stuff253.jpg

stuff261.jpg

Here he is with Lily... they don't live in that hutch they have a whole bedroom, they just use it as a feeding bay and littlr tray!

He is just adorable. Very timid though. When you give him nosey rubs he goes really still and flat. Bless him. He looks to Lily for guidance, like he is asking "is this ok?". What breeding do you think he is? I love his ears, that one that goes up has a life of its own!

Yeah... its the colouring that gets me. He is currently destroying a load of willow sticks bless him. I need to clip his claws and am dreading it.

Ohh Charlotte, He's Stunning!!! :love: One very lucky bunster, and it must have been fate ;) So glad little Lilys happy again now :D Xx

Aww thanks everyone. Just a quick update, didn't have to do any bonding sessions with Sandy and Lily really they have just got on straight away. He is very nervy but definately getting there. He has also lost some weight too which is good news as he was a bit pudgy but now that he is free to hop around he seems to have started to shape up a bit! My living room is on the second floor of the house and he is free range on the floor below. Tonight he ventured up into the living room and had a battle with a mug that my friend had put his apple core in. We got it out for him and he sat munching it in front of the fire! He is very nosey and not at all sure of the cats. They have seen so many bunnies they just look at him and carry on whatever they are doing. Sandy however freezes and gets really nervous. That should soon pass. All in all he is settling in jolly well! Shame we are moving house in a few weeks. However he should be fine, he has Lil to cuddle up to! He does that alot, especially if I am hoovering! :roll:

Back