• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

obis escaped!!!!!!!

kimd6200

Banned
oh my god,went into the garden this morning and obi has vanished.:shock: looked everywhere and i cant find him.neighbours havent seen him neither,hoping he will come back but doubtfull.thought the garden was secure!what do i do?x

panic :shock: how did he get out? is there any signs that another animal e.g. fox could have got in and taken him?
I'd make flyers and put them thorugh all the neighbours doors and post on lampposts even though probably futile.

Have you checked any possible hiding places, they can squeeze into the tiniest of places

ive put adverts in shop windows.goin make some flyers later.hes never had a hutch.got complete run of the garden and got a small dog kennel with hay in that hes always used.cant find where hes got out.no holes gaps etc.hope a fox or large bird aint had him.:(

ive put adverts in shop windows.goin make some flyers later.hes never had a hutch.got complete run of the garden and got a small dog kennel with hay in that hes always used.cant find where hes got out.no holes gaps etc.hope a fox or large bird aint had him.:(
:? no hutch... did the kennel have a door and a lock on it :?

This may sound daft, but are you sure he's not in the garden?
I only ask because, even though my garden is bunny and tortoise proof, I often 'lose' my rabbits in the garden because there is just so much vegetation for them to hide in.
Bearing in mind 2 of mine are continental giants and bigger than both my dogs I still 'lose' them as they take a nap amongst a big bush!!
I really hope your bun turns up :( :( fingers crossedxx

ive checked in every bush so i dont think hes hiding.i thought it was escape proof cuz ive got torts aswell.but seems he found a way.box didnt have a door on he just went in when ever he was hungry.his previous owners had him like this for over a year.havent had him long and was planning on getting him a hutch.have see what happens.x

Although garden was probably escape proof as far as Obi was concerned, it's unlikely to deter a determined fox ,predatory bird or even a cat. I do hope he can get home.....

Last edited:
hi still no sign of him.rang all the vets etc in my area and put notices up but nobody has seen him.hope a fox hasnt had him.x:cry:

hope a fox hasnt had him.x:cry:

Unfortunately many people discover this way that their garden is accessable to foxes, personally I would never keep an animal free range in the garden as I have heard of too many people who have lost animals this way, even in the day time. A six foot fence is nothing to a fox.

Donna who runs the rabbit side of ARC got up one morning to find an adult fox asleep on her dog cushion one morning, for this reason I would advise anyone with a cat flap to lock them at night.

Have you contacted local rescues and if you have any national centres like blue cross near you, they are also worth contacting.

I do hope that you do find him.

hi all still no sign of obi.starting to think hes gone for good now.:cry: only had him for afew weeks aswell so didnt realy get to know him properley.noticed my other bunnie missy is getting fat so think there might be some babies remember him by.(didnt mate them on purpose obi dug into her pen!:roll: naughty boy).realy gutted cuz kids keep asking where crazy bunnie is.told them hes gone on holiday.please return obi!mummys waiting!:cry:

Back