• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think Oscar has been switched with another bunny :O

Ozzy'sMummy

Alpha Buck
Ok well not really but he has COMPLETELY changed!!

Up until i changed his diet (I'll explain in a sec) Ozzy would not eat hay and he used to go through a bag of supa forage excel in a month!!

Well now he sits for at least 3hours a day (which i see) eating HAY!! It is unbelievable i never thought he would but he actually does.

I have basically changed his diet from a bowl (yes a bowl :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:) a day of burgess pellets, brocoli, carrot and unlimited hay (which he wouldn't touch) to a quarter of a bowl of pellets (with fresh grass and dandelion leaves and heads mixed in) every other day and every day he gets a mound of hay (meadow and forage), carrot, brocoli and romaine lettuce (all hidden so he has to routle round to find it all).

I know this is all due to me reducing pellets and I can tell you it is the best thing I have EVER EVER done :D. I am now going to reduce the quarter of a bowl of pellets down to every monday, thursday, sunday and so on (do you think that'll be ok?).

I really feel as if I am starving him but his persistence at not eating hay caused him to have VERY bad dental problems which i nearly lost him to (he went down to 2kg from 3.3kg in a month) and the vet never noticed so by the time we found a vet that could help him his cheeks were slashed and all sorts :(.

Well he was spose to go for a check-up 2 weeks ago but he is eating so well, he is maintaining his weight and has got a clean botty I have decided to let this diet really take effect before I take him back as he hates the car in the summer (i'm talking severe panting and getting a runny bum).

I can honestly say it is since I have been on here I have developed this new diet for him and it's all down to all of you that he has completely changed for the better :D.

Well that was a long post but I hope that it'll be a nice story to read and also will help other rabbit owners with dental buns and give them hope to help their teeth :).

XxX

thats great the he is eating hay :D

mine get 1 teapspoon of pellets each every 1-2 days although i think sgprescue doesnt feed any pellets so im sure that quantity should be fine :D

and what a good boy ozzy for eating up your hay :D :thumb:

Oooh i'd feel very guilty only giving him that much lol

I think I am going to give him pellets monday, thursday, sunday etc and give him the same amount as if he does develop teeth problem his weight drops very quickly so the vet likes that as a backdrop but I might speak to her about it as it is obviously doing him the world of good :D.

I think he needs a new toy for being so good with the toy, any suggestions that involve hay as toys? They do hay balls don't they, he has a ball made out of wood but he doesn't like it but if it was made out of tasty hay....

He does make me feel guilty though as he digs at the door to try and get out to find more food :lol:

mine like old loo rolls stuffed with hay :D

or you could maybe order the sample pack form the hay experts and give him a bag every day or 2 for him to rip open, throw around and discover the yummy hays within (plus he might find more hays that he likes :D)

they also sell a range of toys with hay

duchess had a dental a while ago but now she eats so much hay i hope she wont have to go through it again

I think i'll try the loo rolls stuffed with hay as i don't have a card that works online (only 17 so can't have a debit) so can't really order stuff from the hay experts.

Ozzy was having to have dentals every 5-6weeks and even though thats a bigger gap than a lot of bun's but I just can't help thinking one day he would have a reaction to the GA (i know it's rare but I'm a worrier ;)).

Also if he gets his teeth sorted he can have a neuter and a girlfriend (he was spose to have a neuter at the last Dental but he had runny poop and it was too much of a risk as it could cause infection :().

Back