• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor Double Storey Cage

I've got a single storey 4'x2' rabbit cage... two stories must be very impressive :shock: Great if you're not keen on dogcrates or DIY shelf building :)

:? am I the only person that thinks that is way too small... my buns would feel like they were imprisoned in that :cry: I presume it's just sleeping quarters as buns would be let out most of the time but the hole and the ramp take away any hopping space

i think it looks ok if it has the same use as a crate where it is just a 'base' for bunnies not to actually be shut into but where they can call home

Yes, same as having a hutch/dog crate, they'd need lots of exercise time out too. I'm not suggesting it would be any good as full time accomodation :)

is it possible to have a couple of piccies of the 4ft single and double storey cages so i can get an idea of what would go in them? (i know my crate is 4ft but i am having a hard time imagining a rabbit cage the same size)

thanks
very tempted to save up for this :?

Thanks Emily, I was looking for one like yours :D

And yes it's just a base, my buns have access to the whole room all the time (it's completly bunny proof!)

The bunny in my single is only about 4" long so not great for scale :lol:

awww a 4" bunny!

do they fit littr trays etc in?

(my bunnies do have a fairly large tray) they also have a big bed and a big marble slab (which they seem to use as an ice skating rink :roll: ) would these fit or would they need re aaigning somewhere else in the room?

would be nice to give them substrate on the floor other than vet bed and vinyl

thanks

Yes, you'd definately fit a litter tray in. There is a cat carrier in mine at the moment and that takes up just under a quarter of the space.

They do have a lovely deep tray compared to a dog crate which is one benefit. The down size is they're not as tall. I think mine is about 18".

Your best option might be to measure it out on the floor and put newspaper down so you can an idea of the floor area. Then you could see if your bits and bobs would all fit in.

ooo thats a good idea thanks :D

im not su fussy about head height tbh (as long as they dont have to be lying down the whole time obviously) as it will be open the whole time (their crate at the moment doesnt even have a door on it) so they would be able to uet out and about to stretch upwards and things

thanks again :D

I would say a dutch probably couldn't stand stretched up on their backlegs without bending their ears but they could sit up/hop fine.

I've never actually kept adult rabbits in mine :oops:

would it be ok if they could still get out of the cage to stretch up ? normally if they are in their crate they are either asleep or pooping anyway

will go and measure how much space they have under and above their shelf now

I don't know what you mean too small!!!!
ITS HUGE! it is really tall mine can stand up with ears up and still have room above! I will take a pic now and show you how i have mine! It is an excellent sturdy cage!

thanks might have to save up for this (along with a new dog crate too! and need more dog training supplies! eeek im broke :lol: )

oooo thanks that looks great :D

i have now got a newspaper plan of the rough size so will go see what stuff would fit in it :D

Here is how the old set up was
DSC00832L.jpg

ANd this is how i have it now! with corner litter tray and square litter tray both at bottom and huge cardboard box with hole in the side for them to tunnel in and the the vet bed on top which they love to lie on together as same height as me! (sorry pics are rubbish as it is now dark!)
cage2.jpg

cage1.jpg

Now you can see how much space and the height is really good too! they can easily stand up! My rabbits are Dutch and lop (mini or dwarf)

that does look a good size :D
sorry to keep asking questions but could you take the ramps out?

my buns did have a ramp but didnt like using it much so i replced it with a little plastic stool which they can get under and hop up onto to get up to the next level

thanks again

Back