• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

DIY Rabbit Run

buddabun

Warren Veteran
Does anyone have a basic layout/plan for a DIY rabbit run?

Our shed has a catflap and we want to make a run to attach onto it, hopefully with some form of sliding door/hinged flap (although the door would be preferable) so that we can make it a self contained run and close the shed off at night so they aren't at risk from foxies/cats etc..

Any suggestions welcome?

I made a fairly simple and cheap run for my sheds using 1" wire and 2" roofing lathe, and put an inner door in the shed with a hole in..they have access all day into the run (although they spend lots of time in the garden), and I put them in the shed at night, although I might let them come out at night in the summer..

runs.jpg

This is our DIY run (10ft x 4ft) attached to the shed & accessed by catflap. We just lock the catflap at night to keep Trooper & Lillie in the shed. There's a small lifting flap on the run so they can have access to the garden when we are at home.

If you want more details let me know.

Mike

BunnyShedExt.jpg

wow thanks for all the replies!
I think BB Mommy has the best design for us. I was wondering how we were going to get in and out of the shed with a massive great run in the way.

I think we're going to take a trip to B&Q or similar tomorrow and scope out their products!

Thanks again everyone.
x

Back