• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hiccups in rabbits

BB Mommy

Warren Veteran
Just interested if anyone's bun has ever had hiccups:?:
I'd thought that maybe it isn't possible, since I've been told they don't have the reflex to be sick, but last night Ra had been running around and eating when he threw himself down for a rest and had, what looked like, rapid hiccups for about 20 seconds.
As he's from a litter of 4 where one died under the GA for his neuter and the other two are really poorly with head tilt/ ear infections, I'm just that bit more worried for him.

Thanks!

When Rosie was younger she had hiccups one night. She'd been charging round the living room and when she stopped she started hicupping. I was worried at first but then it passed after about a minute or so.

I wish they would learn their lessons of not eating too fast or running with food in their mouth :roll: always causes hiccups! :lol:
I wouldnt be too concerned - mine get them quite a lot * just cos they are greedy pigs*

Back