• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clicker training

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
I was just wondering how many of you guys have tried clicker training your buns? And does it work? And is it easy to do? :lol:

I saw the thing about it in Rabbiting On and didnt realise you could use a clicker on bunnies :D Im not interseted in teaching them tricks im just looking for an easier way of getting Scarlett back into her hutch from the garden, she is so fast and she is to smart to fall for it when I give her a treat and then try getting her :lol:

i clicker trained mine to stand up on their back legs which was very easy to do but other than that my clicker is only used for the dogs :D

Mine are kind of "rattling food trained" so maybe clicker training is similar - if she knows she gets food in her hutch when she hears the clicker it might encourage her to go in?

Mine are kind of "rattling food trained" so maybe clicker training is similar - if she knows she gets food in her hutch when she hears the clicker it might encourage her to go in?

She already knows she gets food when its time to get back in, and she doesnt mind waiting for it if she can get extra garden time :lol: I can get her attention with her papya tablets but if she cant snatch it and run off without being caught she wont bother coming anywhere near me :lol: Thing is she is fine in the house, when its time to get back in her hutch she will let me pick her up no trouble at all. So Im going to try training her to come when called in the house then try outside :D

Back