• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

not eating pellets

touie

Wise Old Thumper
well the first day i gave fudge the new pellets (bunny basics) he ate them all up since then hes been picking out the old SS and leaving the other pellets. I ran out of SS yesterday so all the rabbits are on the bunny basics ones now and they all seem to be eating it except fudge! :(

He's not really eaten any noticable amount, he has had all his veg that he's usually selective with and the kitchen has been covered in hay which he doesn't usually touch :? hopefully he's been eating it and not just throwing it about in a tantrum!!!

Question is.... I'm sure he won't let himself starve so, do i continue to offer just the new pellets until he gives in? or buy him some SS, he's obviously not happy and is throwing tantrums and swinging from my trouser legs everytime I go in the kitchen, on the other hand the vet did say he needed to go on a diet :oops: !!!!?

Hehe Bless, I would buy some more SS to stop his temper... mix it for a week or so and graduly take it away.... good luck :D

Hi Touie! I've usually given in to my buns in the past and bought them the pellets they like (usually SS!) Depends on how long you can look at his little sad face without giving in!:lol: How's the sneezing going? Any improvement? Claire x

well they've only been 1 day without the SS now so will need a bit longer to see. Twinkle and Caramel are still sneezing, caramels really bad and runny eyes too :( . I can't see anything wrong with her eye though its just watery! I nearly took a voice recorder out the other day to put a recording of their sneezing on here as they were so bad!!! Sugarplum seems to be better though :)

TBH as its not his hay or veggies I'd just let him huff and he'll eat them when he wants as pellets aren't necessarily essentuial anyway on a daily basis unlike good old hay. He'll give in pretty soon I'd guess. Although, if hes under the weather, is he still eating okay? Or could they have upset his tummy being switched over so quickly?

Watery eyes for you, too? Is is both of the eyes or just one? Humph's is both and he's on SS? Do you think there could be connection to your SS, then? Maybe I've missed something....... all I know is watery eyes are very challenging! Claire x

My lot threw a strop when I changed from SS to A & P but gave in eventually, they now dive on the A & P as though they're starved - they still prefer SS and get some as a treat sometimes but all starvation threats are over! :rolleyes:

awww, maybe I'll stick with it then esp as I have 20kg of it to get through :shock: :lol: It's not been a fast change, i've been mixing the food for 2 weeks, he just likes to complain alot!!! I've also found that it's lasting alot longer than the SS as they're generally eating less!

NO I'm starting to wonder whether the new foods making it worse or not, it's certainly no better :? Have had less runny poo on the new food though as both fudge and caramel are prone to tummy problems! Fudge is just on a hay and veg diet though as he's still refusing the new food! :roll:

I think I'm going to have to get fudge some more SS he's still on hunger strike and making my life :censored: :shock: my son's also too scared to set foot in the same room as him without giving him a treat of somekind:roll: The other 4 are being good bunnies with it though :D

Back