• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My first rabbits!

linuxn00b2004

Young Bun
Hey all!

As any of you who recognize me know, I have been looking forward to adopting some rabbits since I met my friend's rabbits. Unfortunately, I could not because of school dorm rules. However, my buddies and I now have a duplex, and I could get them... so I did! Their adoption names were Roger Rabbit and Dandelion May; however their new names are Tesla and Madam Curie, respectively. Tesla is about 1 year old, and Madam Curie is 2 years old. Both are very sweet, will come up to you for nose rubs, and completely litter trained. Their former owners must have loved them very much and made sure they were well socialized.

Sorry for the poor image quality. My camera sucks. I had to take SO many pictures before I got ones without red eye.

Tesla:
IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

Madam Curie:
IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

After giving them a few days to get acquainted with my room and seeing each other in opposing cages, I let them meet in the bathroom (they are both fixed, obviously). The first day was nothing but humping (on Tesla's part, Madam Curie has never mounted him nor bit him... she is definitely going to be the submissive bun). The next day, lots of running and hiding. Since I had never observed any fighting while they were together, I put them in a medium size cage together for better observation. Tesla is in love, and began to groom her. I have seen her only groom him only once, but it was very brief and I have not seen it since. Since then, she still only makes scared noises (kinda like grunting, but not really... definitely not screaming) whenever he approaches and tries to run. Regardless, here's the first "kiss":
IMG_0491.jpg

I have to get ready for work. Talk to y'all later!

- Greg

EDIT:
Here's the cage I'm eventually putting them in. It's in the process of construction right now.
IMG_0389.jpg

Last edited:
Awww I am glad you were finally able to get bunnies! They are very cute and I know they are going to have a good home with you - cos I know how much research you did before getting them.

wow- is she a otter /dutch - really odd markings - hwat theo and cleos kids would be like

You know, I have no idea! It is very beautiful how she has that asymmetrical "milk stain" going down her side and nose. I would assume that she is a "mutt" of some kind, as she and Tesla are from the Humane Society. I honestly thought of your rabbit when I picked her out. Guess I've been spending more time on these forums than I thought. :)

Tesla is ridiculously sweet... and that's a good thing, of course! The first day I had him, I brought him into the bathroom (I am always bringing them in there, as our duplex is almost completely carpeted... I don't trust them completely yet) and began petting him. The entire time, he stayed still voluntarily. When I stopped petting him, he laid down again, asking for more attention. So, I decided to try an experiment: I pretended to go to sleep on the floor. After about 3-5 minutes, he came over and began nuzzling my face and then rested his head on my arm next to my head. Although I am a man, with masculine interests (firearms, motorcycles, engines, camping, lumberjacks :rolleyes:, etc), I had to say, "awwww."

Madam Curie is very friendly, even to strangers. The first few days, she only trusted me. However, now she'll greet you and ask for nose rubs when you open the door to her (well, their) cage no matter who you are.

Back