• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aggressive behaviour help please

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
I need some help please with Audrey...its my own fault really but she's become a bit aggressive in the last week or so.

Cos she lives in the kitchen she always comes running and nudges me when i open the fridge or when I'm cooking dinner so i tend to give her a little bit of veg to keep her happy...but now's she's started biting my ankles and grunting at me!

It's really started :censored: me off now cos it hurts but how do I get her out of the habit? Stopping giving her little tibits would seem the obvious solution but she's really persistant! Last night I refused to give her some so she kept biting me and I ended up leaving the room to get away from her!

Help!!

Ps. she is fine healthwise so I'm sure its not that (her teeth were done about 2 weeks ago).

Mandy keep denying her the treats, i know it's hard and it's sore when they nip your ankles but it's the only way! Also does she have a kennel? If so when your in the kitchen getting or preparing food lock her up, this is what me and ali have to do with Oakley as she thinks any food you have is hers as well

You've spoilt your bun!!!:lol:

Sometimes if you give a lickle squeal when they do it they can realise they've hurt you.

Or wear wellies & gloves:D

I think denying treats is the only way and either popping her in her crate while you are preparing food or if she does nip shout and say a firm NO.

Thanks everyone, I've created a little madam :oops: :lol:

Thats a good idea about shutting her away whilst I'm cooking and I've got some wellies too :lol: Next week she's staying in my office for a few days whilst I'm away with work so hopefully that'll help to break the habit :?

Aaaaaaaahahahahahah sorry Mandy had o laugh cos thats what Bambi is like.

Shes a great big baby letting Bobby be the boss out of the two of them yet when it comes to me she growls lunges etc lololololol

Hun I cant give any advice as I turned Bambi into the lil monster Audrey seems to be turning into :lol: :lol:

I love Audrey her name is the best! :lol:

Aaaaaaaahahahahahah sorry Mandy had o laugh cos thats what Bambi is like.

Shes a great big baby letting Bobby be the boss out of the two of them yet when it comes to me she growls lunges etc lololololol

Hun I cant give any advice as I turned Bambi into the lil monster Audrey seems to be turning into :lol: :lol:

I love Audrey her name is the best! :lol:

I think denying treats is the only way and either popping her in her crate while you are preparing food or if she does nip shout and say a firm NO.

That's a good idea and how about maybe giving her the occassional treat when she doesn't pester you? Or maybe that's just asking for a whole load of potential new problems!! :rolleyes:

Back