• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cats and bunnies

Miloe's_Mum

Alpha Buck
Hi all,

We've been thinking about adopting an older cat from our local rescue - but i'd like to know what your thoughts are on keeping bunnies and cats together??

My two buns are house bunnies, and are pretty much free range when we are at home - during the day they have their own space in our hallway which we have renovated into a house / play pen for them!

We live in a bungalow so the cat would have to pass through our hallyway to get outside......

If you think its a bad idea having them together please say

Aw :( :lol: Thank you!

I honestly think you'll be ok- either they will like each other or be indifferent in most cases. I remember Rowan and Audrey stamped their feets lots when they met my foster cat Jasper and he just looked at them like they were crazy. After a while they were used to him. Audrey really likes Worm and always puts her head under Worm's chin for grooming :lol:

Thanks again Mandy - i'll go and have a nosy at those links.

Think we've found the cat we want - he's called Henry and loves other cats so hopefully we'll be ok!

I'll post pics soon :D

Our cat Gea gets on fine with the buns. She loves going inside Willow, our housebuns, cage. The other buns play with her in the garden. They chase eachother around. If you introduce them gradually things should be ok.

My cat gets on fine with all 4 of my rabbits. I quite often leave them in the garden together and they either ignore each other or the rabbits chase the cat around.

Back