• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Why has this happened so soon!!

Pringle

Warren Veteran
PRINGLES TEETH!!!! :-(
It was 4 weeks tomorrow (Thurs) he got his teeth cut down... Last night i noticed his chin was all wet etc like it normally is when his teeth are bothering him :-(.
He normally gets them cut down every 6-7 weeks!!

I go on holiday in 3 weeks and it was due to be done about then!
Now its come to a surprise im going to have to get money (approx £80) and as its coming up to my holiday, phone bill, car insurance etc im skint :-(....

Ill do anything for my bun though so ill find money.... im just really upset its happened so soon after last one... I`m dreading what the vet is going to say :-(.

Feel so poo!!!

Is it his front of back teeth that need filing? if its his front teeth if your confident you could learn to trim them yourself with a pair of clippers - certainly cheaper for you and less stressful for bun than having to travel back and forth to the vets.

My first rabbit Thumper had back teeth problems and had them filed twice, he never made it round from the second op :sad: (but this is 13 years ago so I'm sure vet medicine has come on alot since then.) I promised I'd never put another rabbit through it again and touch wood I've never had a rabbit with teeth problems since.

Teeth Nightmares

hi Hayley

I had a Bunny with front teeth problems, she went from 6/7 wk trimmings to 4 weeks which she coped with pretty well although she never put on alot of condition she was always happy, the vet suggested having the front teeth removed - there are lots of pros and cons to this but she died before we could make a decision. At that point I decided that if we were ever in the same situation again I'd get the operation sooner - there are some people on this forum who have buns with no front teeth - not ideal but if its less stressful for them I think its worth it.
Obviously if you can learn to trim her teeth yourself that might be the easiest and most cost effective thing to do but if you are in the situation where the vet suggests taking them out I would recommend getting as much infor from this forum as you can and then make a decision thats best for your bun - I think we just left it to late for our Bunny.

Anyway good luck with your bun, I'm sure you'll do whats best for her!

Lynn:wave: :rolleyes:

Hi,

I had a rabbit who had to have his back teeth done every 4 weeks. I found a vet who would do it without a GA. IT was less risky as he was an older bun and much cheaper.

It is his back teeth :cry:
Luckily i took him to the vet and its only his bottom left one that is starting to get a wee spike (not enough to bother him) so im really happy it was a false call :D

Hopefully it will be a few weeks before he needs them done again..

Thank you everyone for your support :D :love: xx

Back