• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Greyhound Bunny

michelle&holly

Young Bun
Hi All

Have attached this to my spay op thread but it was too sweet not to put here.

It was to stop Holly biting her stitches & my b/friend said she looks like a greyhound with its coat on.

Bless!!! :D :D

100_16512.jpg

She was fine with it yesterday but when i went to put it back on today she was tugging at it so much i took it off. Was worried she'd hurt herself.

They don't know its for their own good do they? Needless to say i haven't seen her going near her stitches since - so i think she got the hint!

THE VIDEO OF HER GOING NUTTY TRYING TO GET IT OFF

I'm not sure that's a good idea tbh - I would have thought it would hurt her as it looks a close fit and she's just had major abdominal surgery and also to help the wound heal I would let air to it

Just my opinion, I don't know what others think or if there is a better way of stopping them removing their stitches??

I understand what your saying as i thought it would be too tight but both the emergency vet nurse & my vet said the tight would be fine as although it is a snug fit - it stretches & therefore doesn't restrict her ie breathing etc.

When i put it on the next night & she was trying to get it off - i took it off her in the end as is was obviously annoying her too much & i didn't want to risk it.

She only had it on for about a total of 14 hours. Think it did a lot of good for her biting stitches though as they haven't been touched & managed to heal well.

:)

My Velvet had a lamp shade to stop him removing his stiches and he hated that too. I think it's just a matter of getting them through the chewing phase as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Back