• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many of you would eat rabbit meat?

How many of you would eat rabbit meat?

• Total voters

catswhiskas

Warren Veteran
Just wondered after cute_fuzzies saying he/she would. I am veggie so wouldn't and I also love bunnies. Just curious.

I would, i don't eat alot of meat know as i really don't like much of it but i would eat rabbit

I don't eat any meat except fish...so a NO vote from me.

I would prefer somebody to eat wild caught rabbit than ANY farmed meat, so I'm not against it in principle.

catswhiskas said:
Can I just ask then, how do you balance that with keeping pet rabbits who you presumably love? :shock:

I used to have a pet sheep but i still ate Lamb. My rabbits are my pets and i love them, i love all animals but that doesn't stop me eating them, we used to keep chickens but i still eat chicken. It would be very hiporcritical of me to say ooh no i won't eat a rabbit when i will eat other animals.

Phill said:
catswhiskas said:
Can I just ask then, how do you balance that with keeping pet rabbits who you presumably love? :shock:

I used to have a pet sheep but i still ate Lamb. My rabbits are my pets and i love them, i love all animals but that doesn't stop me eating them, we used to keep chickens but i still eat chicken. It would be very hiporcritical of me to say ooh no i won't eat a rabbit when i will eat other animals.

would you eat one of your rabbits?

BirdieBun said:
Phill said:
catswhiskas said:

I used to have a pet sheep but i still ate Lamb. My rabbits are my pets and i love them, i love all animals but that doesn't stop me eating them, we used to keep chickens but i still eat chicken. It would be very hipocritical of me to say ooh no i won't eat a rabbit when i will eat other animals.

if my survival depended on it yes

Phill said:
BirdieBun said:
Phill said:
catswhiskas said:

I used to have a pet sheep but i still ate Lamb. My rabbits are my pets and i love them, i love all animals but that doesn't stop me eating them, we used to keep chickens but i still eat chicken. It would be very hipocritical of me to say ooh no i won't eat a rabbit when i will eat other animals.

But you'd have to eat Ali too, cos you voted you loved them the same :lol:

I learnt how to eat nettles & shamrock & beech trees, so no need for cannibalism yet :lol:

I'm a Veggie but if I was a meat eater (which I really cant imagin ever being even if my life depended on it!!) then I'd have to say 'yes' too. I see no difference between eating a Rabbit (raised for meat) than eating a Sheep (also raised for meat) I would not eat someones Pet Rabbit or mine. Just as I would not eat someones Pet Sheep/Cow/Pig or whatever.
To me it is hypocrytical to diferentiate between animal species. They are all precious and if you are going to eat meat then I cant see how you can say its OK to eat some species and not others :?

Glad its not a problem for me as I have said, I am a Veggie :)

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
I'm a Veggie but if I was a meat eater (which I really cant imagin ever being even if my life depended on it!!) then I'd have to say 'yes' too. I see no difference between eating a Rabbit (raised for meat) than eating a Sheep (also raised for meat) I would not eat someones Pet Rabbit or mine. Just as I would not eat someones Pet Sheep/Cow/Pig or whatever.
To me it is hypocrytical to diferentiate between animal species. They are all precious and if you are going to eat meat then I cant see how you can say its OK to eat some species and not others :?

Glad its not a problem for me as I have said, I am a Veggie :)

Janex

Agreed :)

Angie65 said:
Phill said:
BirdieBun said:
Phill said:
catswhiskas said:

But you'd have to eat Ali too, cos you voted you loved them the same :lol:

I learnt how to eat nettles & shamrock & beech trees, so no need for cannibalism yet :lol:

Oooh now Ali would feed me for a good few months i reckon i'll eat him first if i have too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back