• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

outdoor runs

anamaria

Warren Scout
i've been looking for a new outdoor runs for the bunnys all day cos i'm fed up of putting the net over the one i have at the moment and cos i can leave them in there when i go out. the only desent sized one i found so far was like £200 or something so i need some help. any one know were i can find good sized ones that are cheaper? or pics and plans of runs you have built yourself so i can ask someone to build one for me.

EBay is good. If not buy some aviary panels, they're easy to put together and still work out cheaper then most 'ready made' runs.

My runs are permanently attached to the sheds and are pretty big (they go down and behind both sheds).
I made them myself with 2inch roofing lathe from a builders merchant (around £20), a roll of aviary mesh from ebay (£28.00 for 30m), a staple gun, drill and cordless screwdriver.
Really easy to make, and to screw together, the only help I had was from my OH who put some posts in for me (could have done it myself but I like to make him feel useful :lol: :lol: ).
Took me about 2 days off and on, and it's really solid and secure so I can happily leave them access out into them all day as I made similar panels for the top, some of which are fixed, some hinged to open up.
runs.jpg

Great if your husband can build you one. I bought a fantastic run from
www.deanforestrabbithaven.com. I bought the larger size than the one featured and mine measures 8 x 5 x 3 with a lid. The run is fantastic quality, with thick mesh. They are currently selling these runs to raise funds for their rabbit haven and also to assist Alice's rescue in Gloucester, so any purchase benefits your own rabbit as well as others.

Great if your husband can build you one. I bought a fantastic run from
www.deanforestrabbithaven.com. I bought the larger size than the one featured and mine measures 8 x 5 x 3 with a lid. The run is fantastic quality, with thick mesh. They are currently selling these runs to raise funds for their rabbit haven and also to assist Alice's rescue in Gloucester, so any purchase benefits your own rabbit as well as others.

thanks raine they look great, goin to see if my dad can build a similar one for me :)

Back