• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BBC Wildlife

Neil-and-Maria

Warren Veteran
Just been shopping and this month's BBC Wildlife has a four page article about wild rabbits and warren living. I was too tight to buy it but apparently there's a BBC programme called Springtime where they follow the warren. It didn't say when the programme is on but if anyone finds out please post it on here, thanks!
Oh and off-topic Asda are clearing out loads of paperbacks, Jeffrey Archer,
Minette Walters, Johnny Francombe etc for £1 and £2 in my local (Blackpool) maybe nationwide.

Neil

I was just about to post about this as I bought it yesterday. :D A 6 page spread about a study of wild rabbits which has lasted over 21 years, it mentions many things that you may already know from reading such books as "why does my rabbit...?". But even so, I still found the article very interesting. It mainly talks about rabbit heirachy structure and the way in which their groupings are formed, but it also monitored breeding and population levels over the years with some interesting results. There are also some good pics!! :wink:

I would reccommend reading it. It said that the study would be shown through snippets on BBC's Springwatch, but had not dates or times. I've been unable to find anything on the BBC Website either. :?

As long as they don't have bill oddie and kate humble presenting, I'll be watching :lol: really can't stand those two - and that bleedin' simon king :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I hate all wildlife presenters other than Sir David. Maybe I can watch with the sound off... :D

CottonMather said:
As long as they don't have bill oddie and kate humble presenting, I'll be watching :lol: really can't stand those two - and that bleedin' simon king :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I hate all wildlife presenters other than Sir David. Maybe I can watch with the sound off... :D

YOU TAKE THAT BACK! They are wonderous telly presenters! I want Kate humbles hair!

Ben Foggle would be good, I love him!
I am really really really hoping that in my new job I will get to meet Sir David eventually...he is amazing!

I love Spring Watch. Is Simon King the over enthusiatic one? How amazing would it be to do that job?!

Just to let people know, Springwatch starts on Monday (May 28th) Although I don't know which show the buns feature will be in. :D

I met Simon King recently, I got him to sign a field guide on insects for Kian and when I said hello he said 'nice to see you again' I am now thinking if I pulled him whilst drunk!??!:shock: :lol:

i was so impressed by the article i wrote to the lady who wrote it!! i was very brave and asked her if she would write something for my Bunny Mad magazine......she said yes!!!:D how cool is that!!! hopefully it will appear in the October issue.

Back