• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flipping!

Richie

New Kit
I know she's quite a unique bunnie and has some strange habbits, but one that I think is the funniest is something I'm wondering if all rabbits do. If she's sitting in her cage and I start talking to her, sometimes she'll flip onto her side, close her eyes and show me her belly! Then after a couple of seconds she'll just get up again as normal.

Its not a bad thing, its just bizarre. Its almost like she's saying "I'm soooooooooooo bored!" lol. My first rabbit never did this, has anyone else had their rabbit do this?

Both of mine do, i think Ben taught Lily - Absolutley terrified me when Ben first did it, he flopped in his litter tray and I had to check for vital signs, he wouldn't even move when I touched him :shock: but after he'd had a quick nap, he was back up and binkying like a mad thing!!

He's got it down to a fine art now and sometimes gets so carried away he'll roll right over like a dog!

Here is a video of Oscar doing it, when he was a housebun!

I'm sorry but the horrendous laughing is me!!

Always cheers me up this video

Thank god, thought she was the only one as I hadn't seen it in any other bunnies! I just have a laugh everytime I see her do it. Lets hope she teaches the new arrival to do it too! :lol:

IMGP0152.jpg

here's lily's happy flop in the mud :lol: :lol:

fi x

Some people refer to it as the dead bunny flop as it scares the :censored: out of us more squimish bunny owners.
Mine both do it but barney does it with more enthsiasm. He sometimes roles right over then looks quite shocked when he stands up again. It is when they are really happy. Don't worry your bunny isn't bored of you :lol:

Mine all do this too, scares the **** out of me, particulary when they do it mid-run down the garden and suddenly drop :shock: I always panic and think 'OMG have you had a heart attack' and dash over, only for them to jump up and run off again. You can almost hear them laughing at you can't you :roll:

Back