• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where's the cheapest for supplies?

Hi All,
Can anyone suggest where the cheapest place to buy supplies, ie: bedding and food for Bunnies?

Im in the Essex area, but i suppose im talking about online or nationwide store chains (unless youre from round here!)

Thanks in advance
:D
Cathy

which food do you feed?
Allen and page pellets are pretty cheap if you can get hold of them and are also high in fibre which is great for the buns.

There are lots of online sites that people use but ive never bought bedding or food from there, only for special hay/grass and treats/toys.. they are
www.bunnybasics.net
www.thehayexperts.com

There's ana animal feed supplies shop in my area, so I get my Allen and Page pellets from there, and I use cat wooden litter pellets in their litter trays and these are pretty cheap from there too.
I buy hay in bulk from here http://www.dustfreehay.co.uk/cost2.html
Treats and other types of hay, I get from Bunnybasics, or the Hay experts.

it depends what quantity you require but as i have 16 buns i buy bedding and stuff from equine suppliers but ALWAYS check the quality of hay as some is better than others obviously.
you can buy woodshavings for about £5 a bale, hay is about £3.50 a bale(which makes about 5 bin bags full if you split it up) and you can get cardboard bedding and hemp bedding apparently too which i am going to try myself.
you would need a shed to keep your supplies in though! i would reccommend taking more care over food though and buy it regularly. as you know buns like good fresh food :wink:
mine are loving hedgerow food at the moment...its the BEST time of year :p
try your saddlers or farm suppliers you may get a nice surprise :D

Hi
I live in Essex, I got my a&p pellets from Crown farm in Brentwood, you have to ring them to tell them to get some in first though. I buy Timothy hay from Bunny basics, as my buns absolutely love it.

Louise, what is the horse feed place at sadlers farm called, as that would be nearer to me for A&P, thanks.

xx

Jollys stores tend to be quite cheap. I buy their huge bag of hay (for bedding, I use Dust-Free hay for eating) and they do pretty cheap shavings too. Food-wise they're not too bad either.

Back