• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Goodie bags - Here is the final list!!!

Dobbin

Mama Doe
Hello everyone!!

Sorry i have been away for so long since Chris and i got engaged we dont seem to have had time to stop, so many people to see!! We are planning to get married 12th April next year and we are having our engagement party on 1st July!!

Anyway - as the post says - it is that time of year again when it is time to help support our local rescues!!

The idea is as many people as possible sign up being willing to send a goody bag off to a rescue. This goody bag can contain anything it does not need to cost a penny - can be things you brought for your bunny which your bunny will never use, as well as lots of other bits. (I will list a few ideas below which were good last time!!)

Please sign up and help to support as many rescues as we can. Please also nominate any resuce below - Please PM me all the contact details for this rescue. If you live close to a rescue and would like that one to save postage then please state which rescue when you sign up - i will do my best but i would like it to be equal between all rescues.

I will leave this post open for just over two weeks.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help if you can.

Some ideas which were good last time: (Feel free to add any!)
hay
toys
loo and kitchen rolls full of hay
black sacks
newspapers
supermarkets vouchers
(Edible) twigs
black sacks
cleaning cloths
rubber gloves
sterilising tablets
biros
note pads
food and drinking bowls/bottles
towels
blankets

Of course if you live close to a rescue you could also include a voucher for your time - a few hours help i am sure rescues would be pleased to have.

Rescues please feel free to add anything which is good and useful for you.

I hope this is an even bigger success than the ast time - ALL HELP and SUPPORT is hugely accepted.

Thank you

Sue
xxx

Last edited:
I'm in as well :D

Nominations for Rescues are;

Cat & Rabbit Rescue in Chichester and
Southampton Rabbit Rescue

i would love to help out id prefere if it was a rescue from Newcastle though that way i can deliver it personally as i wouldnt know where to start for posting big packages :? lol so if any rescues in Newcastle want a goodie bag pm me and il sort it all from there :D

Dont worry i am sure a rescue in Newcastle will be nominated and i will asign you to it. Thank you for helping.

Sue
xx

Hi, count me in too.
There arent and bunny rescues near me, so ill have to post, so it doesnt matter who i get.

Please can we have so more information/pictures though as i havnt a clue what i am doing!!

Count me in!! I'll put my thinking cap on as to what to send....

I have a question: Is it possible to send a parcel via something like Bunnybasics/the hay experts etc? I am planning on sending some things like pens and loo rolls, but thought it may be easier to send hay through these sorts of places.

Edited to add - if possible could i donate to a local rescue as I plan to take it over personally in the car! then I can take big bales of hay!!! lol! and all my newspapers....

Also I would like to nominate Bobtails in East Ewell!

Last edited:
I'm in! :D
Thanks for doing this again was loads of fun last time. Might be a bit more difficult on the branch/pine cone front this time. New season new challange! Has anyone got any good springtime ideas?

well if no rescues in newcastle are nominated if someone can explain (really well as in dumbed down haha) how to post a big box then il post a goodie box to a rescue down south :D

i use www.parcel2go.com - couldnt be simpler really, they pick it up for you so you dont have to go and drag it to the post-office and is a million times cheaper than sending it by royal mail. If anyone knows a cheaper way to send something please tell.

Back