• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In your flat - how many bunnies do you have?

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
If you live in a flat, how many bunnies do you have living with you?? I'm just curious to know the maximum number of any flat living bunny mummy on the forum! :D

none :(

my mean boyfriend wont let me have one, he did say because it is in are agreement (tenancy) not to have small animals....and i was ok with that until, i started talking to a neighbour one day when she walked out with a cat carrier, and inside was a georgous bunny,

I've got two living in the flat just now but when we move into our new house at the end of the month I'm getting a new bunny from Rabbit Rehome. I can't wait!

It's a question of space. Even if they are free range they need some kind of cage or crate, and they need to be put somewhere. And during my student days, when I had my indoor bunnies, I could not afford more than 2, anyway.

I have two also, but we are ground floor maisonette, with a garden to the rear (more like a single storey house with someone living above). 2 seems to be the magic number!

I'm in a 2 bed flat and have 5 bunsters :oops:

2 live in the 'spare' room and 3 live in the hall way.

Moving to a house soon so my boyfriend might let me get bunny number 6 :D

Wow, 5!!!

I think it also depends on how "good" the bunnies are. My two indoor bunnies were very well behaved, always used their litter box and did not damage anything. Then it is probably easier to fall for another bunny or two.
When I had Snoopy inside after his castration, he ripped bits out of the carpet, tried to eat the door, etc.. He would not make such a good indoor bunny. :lol:

We had 2 in our flat, first just Sylvia but she got very lonely and did a lot of damage as a result. Then we got Oli, I don't think he liked living in quite such close quarters with us humans as we didn't have a garden... but they liked to go out on the landing and run up and down the stairs!

Now we have moved we have 4 + 2 foster bunnies but still only 2 indoors. b-m

Bavarian Bunny said:
Wow, 5!!!

I think it also depends on how "good" the bunnies are. My two indoor bunnies were very well behaved, always used their litter box and did not damage anything. Then it is probably easier to fall for another bunny or two.
When I had Snoopy inside after his castration, he ripped bits out of the carpet, tried to eat the door, etc.. He would not make such a good indoor bunny. :lol:

I started off with 2, then Bertie ate the wallpaper and caused a bit of damage so I thought I know, I'll get 3 more :lol:

They've not done a lot of damage, just Bertie's wallpaper chewing and a couple of stains on th carpet that we'll hopefully get out with the carpet cleaner!

lynda_m said:
Bavarian Bunny said:
Wow, 5!!!

I started off with 2, then Bertie ate the wallpaper and caused a bit of damage so I thought I know, I'll get 3 more :lol:

They've not done a lot of damage, just Bertie's wallpaper chewing and a couple of stains on th carpet that we'll hopefully get out with the carpet cleaner!

Not quite as bad as Tree's Beatrix then, huh? :lol: If I owned the place, I would probably be more relaxed about damage, but we were renting the flat in Germany, and it was newly built when we moved in, so I was glad that my bunnies did not destroy anything. Now we are renting again, but we are not allowed to keep pets indoors, anyway.

Back