• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding my boys.....

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
After they have been neuterd I would like to try and Bond my 2. any advice and how long should i wait after the op? Has anyone else bonded boys susesfully? thanks :)

Have they lived together before? My boys did not go together... so now they have a girlfriend each. I know some people who have been more successful, but there buns have been litter mates.

Good luck

Well they do know eachother, and can see eachother most of the time through their hutches.... getting anymore bunnies just wouldnt be an option for me :(

I took a year to get my two unrelated boys together, one lived with his sister and the other lived with two girls

Mine 4 boys that live as part of a group of 9 are unrelated. I bonded Joey & Smirnoff to each other first & then added girls, & 2 more boys.

I'd wait at least 6 weeks for their hormones to die down a bit after neutering, & it's easier if they can't smell other bunnies :D

Start swapping hutches/cages etc early on so they get used to smell of each other

Back