• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

strange behaviour

Alpha

Warren Scout
Mr pips has just started this strange behaviour of collecting hay in his mouth and tossing his head back, then shoving his head in a pile of hay and trying to collect more. He is neutred and eating well so i dont think its his teeth or hormones. I have had him 2yrs and have never seen this with him or any of my other rabbits in the past. At first i was horrified and thought he had lock jaw or something similar so i picked him up and had to pull it away from him, but on seeing him do it again he just released it himself in the cage. I'm not sure if he is playing or wot???

anyone else seen this behaviour?? (its almost like nest building but hes a male neutred and lives alone as he is a house bunny and bonded with my westie. Im totally bemused by it. Having owned rabbits for many years have never seen this before.

many thanks
Alpha xxx

I have had a couple of neutered Bucks who used to build nests. No idea why :? Gender bending Bunnies I guess !! :lol:

Janex

hahahah aww bless him, maybe he's a doe trapped in a (neutered) buck's body!! NO idea and no suggestions either I'm afraid!

:lol: I know how strange. I have sat an watched him today and its quite amusing. I think he thinks he is hiding from me in there. But he is not in any distress as i first thought and seems to be having fun. May be he is making a nest for my westie...lol

thanks all for ur comments it helps to know i not the only one with a bunny with an identity crisis.... :shock:

hugs to u all x

Hi,

One of our rabbits used to do this when my O/H usd to go up to the cage. we decided it was a greeting for him as he didn't do it any other time! It was like he was giving him a present!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ozzy does this aswell and it's so funny. Ozzy seems to be picking out the good bits and flinging the other bits away as they are 'bad' :lol:

Back