View Full Version : Anyone tried this?

12-05-2007, 11:03 AM

I have a family wanting to adopt rabbits but one of the children suffers from allergies, I want to be able to help them reduce this!

Also I often get calls from people giving up their rabbits because of allergies !

12-05-2007, 01:44 PM
My son's got asthma, and it's actually got better in the 2 years I've had all the animals, not worse, and research shows that exposure to pets is a good way to avoid developing allergies in the first place.

Our 20 piggies all live in the house, plus all the hay is stored in the same room, but I have moved the living room so that my son isn't spending long periods with all the dust etc. If a rabbit lives outside there's even less liklihood that it will cause problems with allergies - it's more likely the hay will trigger it, so just get someone else to handle the hay.

14-05-2007, 08:08 AM
I think anything is worth a try where allergies are concerned :D I am allergic to hay and now have prescription anithistamine but it only seems to be with the bails of fresh hay that sets me off, the expensive oxbow etc has no affect on me :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

14-05-2007, 08:12 PM
I have used petal cleanse on our rats when we had them a I was so allergic that exposure to rats gave me asthma attacks (I don't suffer from asthma at any other times). I believe it helped a little, but in the case of severe allergies, not enough to make a big difference sadly.

I have had pets since I can remembers (mainly cat's and dogs) as I got into my teens my allergies got worse and worse, and in my 20's I noticed my allergy to rats was most severe, and I had become a lot more allergic to cats too.

I was so happy to find out that I'm not allergic to Deej!

My doctor said my allergies may go away when I'm in my 50's, but sadly even with prescribed meds I can't have rats or cats.

If it is going to be an outdoor bun I don't see any problem, but if it is to be a house bun I'd be concerned (all us house bun owners know what bunny fur is like for getting everywhere).

With our rats I used to have to make sure they all lived in one room that I could close the door on to cut down my symptoms, but it wasn't until they all passed away I realised how much my breathing and eyes and other symptoms had been affecting me.

kim 106
14-05-2007, 08:15 PM
its very good for dogs and cats dont know about rabbits thow you have to keep on appling it but it dos work but i have hear dof it not working