• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

World oldest rabbits U/D: Share your long living bun's diet secret

I find it unusual that someone put up a web site and all sort of personal information for the purpose of telling her rabbit is the oldest. Very odd

oldest bunny

My Rolo is 13 :) he has never been ill :) & is a feisty little chap :)
you don,t mess with him it,s all on his terms :) he,s wonderful :)

Re: oldest bunny

rabshan said:
My Rolo is 13 :) he has never been ill :) & is a feisty little chap :)
you don,t mess with him it,s all on his terms :) he,s wonderful :)

Congrats. what kind of rabbit is it?

==============

Gem's what kind of rabbit is Emma's?

My mate had to have her rabbit PTS at Christmas, he was nearly 16!!!! He looked 26 though by the end, bless him.

But any insight that they live so much longer? Is it a certain type of rabbit that constantly win out and live much longer? You think we should do a survey to have every member who has rabbit age 10 or over listed and post the type of rabbit they have?

I think there was a similar thread a few days ago, something like "what is a good age for a bunny".

You'd also need to ask whether the bunny lived indoors or outdoors, whether it was neutered, etc..

My friend's bunny who was nearly 16 when he passed was a REW, kept indoors. I had a REW (a Californian) called Billy, he lived til he was 10-11, he lived in a shed but had free run of the garden.:)

Toby is a cross breed (magpie cross) but he looks like an American chinchilla breed. He will be 17 years old come December.

toby_laying.jpg

toby_looking_case.jpg

15_12_051x.jpg

Toby is a cross breed (magpie cross) but he looks like an American chinchilla breed. He will be 17 years old come December.

WOW...Keep hopping lil fella;)
Im sure u will have a good couple of years yet :D x
P.s...you look fabulous :D :lol:

by the end of the thread Toby will be 65:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously, my friends bunny died 2 years ago at 12 years of age, thats the oldest (eldest??) bunny I know of personally

Small rabbits tend to live longer, the Giant breeds tend to have heart defects because they have been bred so big - although I do know of some 8 year old French lops.

Personally I've never been lucky enough to have a German Lop get past 5 1/2 :cry:

Back