• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am so mad at my bunnies I could kill them!

Last night, I could have cried :cry:
I am still mad at them, but I have to keep reminding myself that there are more importnat things in this world than things - and they are much more important. Even if I didnt talk to them last night! :lol:
But I came up to bed, and they had pulled my GHDS down ( Unplugged as always I hasten to add) and they had eaten through the cable... not just eaten through but the plug was on one side of the room and bits of the cable on the other side and I was left with a cordless 100 pound pair of Ghds! - I was not happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! because I have such curly hair and they are the only ones that worked for me.. GRRRR
Rant over thankyou!
and I have made up with the bunnies - before you ask! :lol: its the cute ickle faces that do it for me.!

Oscar chewed through my ghd's as well when they were unplugged cooling off (thankfully not all the way through) and they still work, but are go on and off all the time (grrr).

why do buns like cables so much

Can you fix them?

I know when Dolly chewed through the electrical wire for a lamp my dad bought some kind of connecting thing from the DIY sore that could connect 2 ecletrical wires together!?

GHD's are so expensire I'm sure there's something that can be done!

Other than that naughty little bunnies - it amazes me how quick they can chew through such thick wire!

H

What is GHDs?

I did a one time job of using plumber rubber clear hoses, cut sideways in half, and wrap those hose in all the cables that expose to my bunny Goofball in the house. It works very nicely.

After the hose surrounds the cables, I then use duct tape to seal along the entire length of the hose that I cut along earlier.

If there is still a couple of inches of cord coming out of the GHDs they you can easily reconnect the wires together through a cheap connection thingy...I've had to do it several times after cutting through the hedge trimmers! :lol:

GHDs are very popular (and expensive) hair straighteners!

Miles has chewed through about £100-worth of electrical equipment in his time, mostly computer-related. :x Still, you can't blame them. Apparently it has something to do with the bunny's instinct to chew through tree roots when they intrude in their burrow.

AMETHYST

Just be happy to have curly hair and save the time and money for straightening them. That's what your bunnies wanted to tell you. :D

When Trip was living in my room my sister came round when I was at work and left my GHD's on my bedroom floor :roll: And of course he chewed them :lol: I was so mad at my sister I dont think I have ever screamed so much. She didnt see what the big deal was though and said she would replace the straightners :? I was like thats not the point she could never replace Trip if he had been hurt because she was to lazy to put electric stuff like that back where she got it from :evil: Argh I could slap her just thinking about it now!

That is awful!!!!! Naughty, naughty bunnies. At least my naughty bunnies' naughtiness was easily fixed... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Fred has managed chew through so far:

My mums electicaly powered bed cable

My partners speaker wire which has hidden under the sofa

My partners sub woofer box wire which had protective casing on it

My sisters wire on her straightners

:oops:

My mum asked about fixing the wires til she saw it! :lol: .... there are bits of wire and cable everywhere around my room... they completley stripped it! :(
I am just thankful I never leave things plugged in - You can never replace your bunnies.!!!!!
I went and bought the Babyliss 230 today though. will see if it works :? *Some chance* at least they were a lot cheaper than Ghds - They would do it when you have your first date in years coming up :roll: :lol: oh well thats life!

When Oscar and Benjamin used to be housebuns, they chewed through ALOT of cables... most of them not all the way through thankfully including:

Xbox 360 cable - Oscar
Telephone wires x 3 - Oscar
Ethernet cable - Oscar
Lamp - Oscar & Benjamin
GHD's - Oscar
Laptop cables x 3 (Oscar twice, and Benjamin once) (Cost me £25 a shot to replace those)
Printer cable x 1

None were plugged in at the time, except the phone wire :(, and i saw them do it each time, too fast. One minute they are beside you the next they are sitting there with a wire in their mouth!! NAUGHTY BUNNIES!

Oooh, I know how angry you must have been! :x

My Chocolate Labrador pup chewed also had a thing about cables! Infact, he had a thing about anything he shouldn't have! Here's the list of cables he actually chewed through:-

Telephone cables x 4 times!
Hairdryer cable
Hair Straighter cable
Lamp cable
Vaccum cleaner cable
Computer cable
Electric Stove cable

I didn't know he'd bitten through my vac cable until my joiner tried to vac up after himself, whilst I was at work, but suffered an electric shock and had to go home! :shock:

Honestly, I can't even begin to tell you just how much havoc my pup caused! He was like a whirlwind throughout my house! He cost me an absolute fortune :shock: :x I think the worst, was when I nipped upstairs for 10 minutes, when I'd got back downstairs, he'd chewed through and ripped off a great deal of the valance which ran around the bottom of my 12 month old suite! I had to hire an upholsterer to come to my house and repair it! costing me a fortune! :x :censored:

One day, I took for a real hike through the woods and fields, up and down hills and over the moors, when I got home, I fed and watered him, played with him a while longer, and I was so shattered I fell asleep on the sofa, thinking he would fall asleep too! But when I woke up, all my trouser leg was soaking wet, and when I looked down, he chewed all the bottom of my trouser leg off! :shock: :shock: :shock:

He's just gone 2 years old now, and being a typical Labrador, I think I still have a while to go before I can take all the child safety gates down! and I don't even have kids! :shock: :wink:

I wouldn't be without him though! :lol: :lol: :thumb:

i am so mad

So far my bunnies have destroyed the following;-
chewed through the phone cable 3 times. :shock: :(
cut off the internet twice. :shock: :(
my vacuum cable bitten in half. :shock: :(
chewed through the wires to my "mind lab" a very expensive device that is supposed to cure insomnia :shock: :( plus the wires to the earphones attached to this gadget & the glasses that go with it :shock: but my fault for nattering on the phone & leaving them lying around. :oops: :oops:
The wooden antique fire surround :shock: :(
chewed the covers on the sofa (luckily at the back so it doesnt show) :(
origamied the long curtains that i used to have (we now have blinds) :(
scraped up the carpet in the bedroom making a hole by the door :(
chewed a chair leg :(
PHEW after that lot i need a sherbit or 2 :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Our 2 new girls have so far behaved in the chewing department (its only been 3 weeks and a matter of time!!). OH has kittens everytime they disappear behind the PC. My old Rabbit wasnt fussed what he chewed, brand new clothes, SNES power cable which went down a treat with the Ex, especially when I defended my boy to the hilt, only to be proved wrong when shown the teeth marks in the cable! Opps.

My favourite words to them both at the minute is "its a good job your are cute".

Oh bunnies, don't you jsut love em..... Mine chewed through the phone wire, the surround sound speakers, the mouse cable, the hose pipe, the carpet, my coffee table, the curtains, my jeans... you name it they have chewed it. I can imagine how upset you were though bless you. There is nothing worse than thinking you have sufficiently barracaded your wires in, only to go switch something on, find it doesn't work, and on investigating, find a rabbit has chewed right through it.

Yours just managed to do the damage and leave a blatant trial. Bless you. LEast they were ok. I have curly hair and have some babyliss straighteners that are as good as GHD's.... hope your do the job xxxxx

Back