• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Experienced Foster Carer wanted... U/Dshes nesting!

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
This is Tammy, a large French lop X Dutch (we think, dont ask how!). She is rather chunky and we are going to have her assesed for speying next week. However the real problem with Tammy is that she is difficult to say the least, she is a lunger, growler and would be biter given the chance. Since she has been here her behaviour has deteriorated further to the point I now have to wear gloves to enter her cage, let alone handle her.

She was kept in a hutch outside for most of her 4 years and the little contact she had just involved feeding, cleaning and watering. She needs someone with experince of aggressive rabbits who can intially spend time with her, maybe loose in the house, no handling just to get her to acept the presence of people in her environment. After that she will need concentraited one to one attention that I just ant provide adequatley here.

She will also be on a hay and veg diet until she has regained her figure!

The initial foster period would be 6 weeks and depending on progress we would reasses her after this. If at any point the fosterer felt unable to cope she can be returned to us immediatley.

We will pay all her vet expenses, provide hutch accessories, pellets and gloves! :lol: We request that the fosterer have accomodation of at least 6ftX3ftx3ft and plenty of space for her to exercise, also to provide bedding and fresh food.

We hope to have her speyed first but if this is not possible due to her size then we will pay for her to be speyed at the fosterers vets if appropriate (fosterer must obtain receipts for any treatment administered and contact s before hand if at all possible).

If anyone can help win this rabbits trust again please get in touch.

Sooz & Tammy X

Oooo

I got some buns going... & some temps coming in, but only temps for a few weeks....

But i couldn't fix Calel :? :oops:

But you do have experience......Im so sure there is a nice bunny in her somewhere its just finding her!!!

I am trying to get a pic up.....shes stunningly unusual.

Theres no hurry but if you would like to give her a go..... :D

Here she is....looking deceptivley placid.....

11-05-07_1343.jpg

Sooz22 said:
But you do have experience......Im so sure there is a nice bunny in her somewhere its just finding her!!!

Sometimes experience=oven gloves :lol:

I have a bathroom, that will be used for the next 5-6 weeks, but then will be empty. It's a disabled bathroom, so definitely big enough :lol: .

I will be fostering for BARC for a few weeks - I'm having some cutesy bunny babies, until they are old enough to neuter, but if she still needs somewhere after that, I'll have room & time :D

Angie65 said:
Sooz22 said:

Sometimes experience=oven gloves :lol:

I have a bathroom, that will be used for the next 5-6 weeks, but then will be empty. It's a disabled bathroom, so definitely big enough :lol: .

I will be fostering for BARC for a few weeks - I'm having some cutesy bunny babies, until they are old enough to neuter, but if she still needs somewhere after that, I'll have room & time :D

That would be fab Angie. Im using work gloves (for moving barrels!) as I also have Benson in, another biter. Had him since last night and been caught 3 times already. He dosnt give any warning-just turns and nips.

she is going to spend a couple of hours in the lounge with us tonight.....i hope she dosnt take a shine to my bunny slippers.....

We think we may have found part of Tammys problem.....she built a huge nest overnight :? pretty sure its a phantom but she is off to the vets tomorrow anyway to be assessed for speying and to check no illness is causing her aggression.

We also have another offer of fostering which we may well be taking up :wink: depending on what happens tomorrow.

Back