• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbits or guinea pigs

which animal did you get first?

• Total voters

willowflower

Warren Scout
ok so i know this is a rabbit forum but i know a lot of us keep both i was just wondering which you kept first?
i kept guinea pigs for 2 years before i got dillion

ahh see i'm the opposite i feel my guinea pigs have more character and interact better but that might just be because i have a very independent stand offish bun i love all my animals to bits but i love the way my guinea pigs chat to me compared to dillions grunting and teenage behaviour :lol: alas i'll just put up with him the way he is i'm sure he loves me in his own way (but on the other hand my guinea pigs only love the food i bring them lol) animals who'd have them eh?

I got my first guinea pigs pepsi and cola :roll: when I was about 5 years old, they lived in a hutch in my bedroom (we lived in a flat) and I used to let them run round my room.
I love guineas and buns just as much but for different reasons :D

my first was a rabbit when i was 9 but of course i got bored of her and she was rehomed :roll: after that i had 6 Guinea Pigs before getting Crystal when i was 16/17

always had guinea pigs from a young age. In my opinion each n every animal has its own individual personality and are all very special :D

I've only got two 2year old piggies at the mo and they are my first pet ever.Had them since they were babies as they were a friends 'little mistakes' in a way as her pgs should have been both girls,but one was a boy! :roll: :lol: .They had 3 babies and i had the two girls,has them ever since! :D I had wanted a guinea pig since i was 6 but was never allowed one.I had no clue about rescues then and insisted on getting one i really liked from the pet shop :oops: .But in a way i got my piggie from helping someone and i hadn't got to pay a thing for them.

But i would like a rabbit but the piggies old hutch is way too small,but i didnt know that at the time :oops: ,so we would have to get another one!The old hutch can house 1 piggie,i had two in there though,now they live in a bigger better hutch.

Sorry you have just heard,basically,my life story! :oops: :roll: :lol:

Anyway i would like a bunny soon! :wink:

Ax

PS I do think you can tell a bunnies character quicker than a piggies,as bunnies are bigger(normally)and bolder.But after a while a piggie show character too!

I had both when I was a child, as everyone did way back in the 70s - and I feel horrified at the thought of how they suffered, poor little mites :(

I got my present bunnies 2 years ago, having had no more since childhood (I finally settled down aged 43!) and I still think bunnies are fabulous pets now I understand them (I was terrified at first as my childhood bunny was so savage we abandoned him in a wood :cry: )

And guinea pigs were in my opinion 'so stupid and boring, I don't know why people like them' :oops: :oops: :oops: sorry babies!!!!!

Then I rescued my lot from a breeder to rehome on this forum - ha ha - and after 2 wheeeeeks I was so smitten with their dumb little faces, and funny little ways, I just couldn't part with them! :D

The bunnies are intelligent and interesting and cute, and the pigs are just adorable little things - not the brightest, but who cares? :p

some interesting answers there i got my first guinea pig when i was 18 i always wanted one as a child but my mum quite rightly said i was to young and i would get fed up my first pig was called dakota and unfortunately he was a special needs piggy (he was completely blind and slightly brain damaged) he was like that from birth and i knew he wouldn't live long bt i had him for 6 months during that time i rescued iowa as he was such a little character shouting and wheeking at me from the rescue cage and then i got addicted and now have 4 piggies iowa gideon dallas and bailey. i love both rabbits and guinea pigs equally it's just i have a better relationship ith my piggies as like i have already said dillion is not that sociable and he's just passed all his bad habbits on to little miss ava he's a stubborn chap and very independent but i love him for that (but sometimes a bunny cuddle would be nice but i have the piggies for cuddles)

I've had more g-pigs that rabbits, and have great memories. I have to admit to being sorely tempted whenever I go in a petshop that hav piggies. I'm very good at copying their noises and I can get them to come up to me. :-D

I was going to get a guinea pig again when I got Molly 2 years ago but as I was sharing with 4 housemates I decided against all the squealing. hehe.

I'd love to have some more.

Back