• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cream coloured babies - indication of adult colour?

katypoo

New Kit
hi

i have 3 black babies (11 days old) and 2 creamy pinky beige ones. Does anyone know what colour the latter might be when grown up - i don't remember ever seeing that colour before.

BTW mother is black with strange ginger markings on her back (looks like someone has spilled some bleach over her coat!) and the father is unknown.

thanks
katy.

Sorry, not sure about the colour they will be.

I had two white rabbits, who produced 3 white babies, who stayed white, and one white baby with a grey nose, who eventually went patchy grey all over :D

Darcy's parents were Rew lop mummy and Dad was ginger butterfly! Look how he turned out! All the babies came out different!! Darcy was only one of two that came out grey all the other were ginger or white!

My last litter there were 3 black ones two orange and one silver how does that work when daddy is orange and mum is dark brown :?: :shock:

Aimee84 said:
My last litter there were 3 black ones two orange and one silver how does that work when daddy is orange and mum is dark brown :?: :shock:

all to do with genetics :wink: some colours i guess are dominant and others are recessive.. afraid i dont know about rabbit genetics but if you think about hair colour.. for example.. my parents are both dark brown hair coloured yet they 4 girls.. 2 with dark brown hair, one with black and one with ginger hair.. similar kind of think you see :wink:

Back