• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Evo not right: update....he's home

Rallybunny

Warren Veteran
I got up this morning for work (4.30am) and Evo wouldn't eat, and hadn't poo'ed all night. He also pee'd outside of his litter tray, which is the first time he's ever done that. I infacoled and gave tummy rubs, but I had to go to work because I'm the one that opens up.
Rang o/h at 7ish and he still wouldn't eat, only oats reluctantly, but had poo'ed. So I've come home from work, ready to take him to the vets. No more poo by 8.30, and he bit me and made my finger bleed (another first!) when I offered him his SS. He would still eat oats and soft hay if I hand fed him strands.
In the last 10 mins he has eaten from his bowl and is currently in his litter tray munching hay. He has poo'd although they're a bit weird and mishapen. So now I don't know what to do - go back to work and cancel vets or what??

He is moulting, so I don't know if it's that or if it's his teeth. :? He is bright as a button in himself.

Yep, I'm still going to go to the vets. And I'm going to stay home for the rest of the day now, which will be nice. :D Just a bummer that I'm going to have to make the hours at work up next week now. :(

Poor Evo! It sounds like he's starting to feel a bit better though. Hope all goes well at the vets and he continous to improve.

Poor Evo!!! Sending bunny healing vibes!! Please tell us how it goes at the vets he must be in pain if he bit you, poor little mite. You're doing the right thing :wink:

Back