• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

called the rspca on my family :(

Aww, hun! You did exactly the right thing, and I would have done the same as you if I knew that there was an amnimal who needed my help.

Sadly, we can't always please our family and I myself have upset my mother on ocassion :roll: But you have got to do what your heart tells you, and if she doesn't understand this, then that's her problem I'm afraid.

If the RSPCA are saying the bun is better with you, are they going to take the bun away and give it to you, or rehome it?

I know it must be terrible to be in the middle of this situation, but the guilt you would have felt knowing that the poor little soul was starving to death in squalid conditions would have been unbearable....this was the only thing you could have done, so please don't beat yourself up about it.

I am sure that everyone here will say the same thing.....maybe you could show your mum the page when a few more people have replied.

Chin up hun, and let us know how you get on.

You did the right things. They obviously know they are not treating the bunny right to make the changes once they were scared the RSPCA were getting involved.

It takes courage to do the right thing when your family is involved.

I think you did the right thing, animals cannot suffer for ANY reason, and you had to ring the RSPCA.

I hope your family will understand that you couldn't stand by and let this bunny be starved without doing anything about it.

Just think, you have helped a bunny who really needed someone to help him and I hope that they get him out of there and to safety

Well done for ringing the RSPCA

Hey Debbie, sending you ((BIG)) hugs.

I would have done exactly the same thing - without a doubt. You have saved this poor bun and you should be proud of yourself for doing that, and Giles will thank you too :D

I know it must be tough at home, but concentrate on the fact that if you hadnt done anything, then this poor bun would surely have died, and you would have felt 100 times worse if you had ignored the situation.

xx

I think you've done the right thing :eek:
They've had chances before to change their ways and haven't :twisted: . You gave them fair warning that you would take action, and at the end of the day, famiily or not, you have to do what you believe is right.
That poor little bun couldn't shout out for help, but thank god you had an eye on the situation.
I applaud your action, and your mum might be embarrased if it goes to the papers (doubt it would), but instead she should be proud that she has a daughter who does the right thing by ensuring the well being of a defenceless animal even though she knows she'll be getting it in the neck from the rest of the family.
Don't beat yourself up...it's them who should feel the shame...definately not you.
Let us have an update soon...

I think you have been very brave to stick up for a bun which deserves a much happier life than it has.. WELL DONE!!

Let us know how things go and how the bun does.

You should be proud of what you did.. xx

If only more people were like you. What you did took courage. At the end of the day you did what you knew to be right, no one can dispute that.

Chin up, due to you, he will be a happy little chap :)

What you did was incredibly brave. WELL DONE! You should be so proud of yourself because you did the unselfish and right thing by helping this poor bunny out when no-one else would.

AMETHYST

you've been very brave and you have deffinatly done the right thing no animal should be neglected and to be honest if you didnt phone the rspca on them and that bun died through neglect i really think you'd have regret it so well done :thumb: :D i know it must have been hard for you with it being your family :(

You've done an incredible thing! you've put a defenseless animal who without your help will die. first... thinking of that bunny instead of how people are going to treat you! .. I think that is selfless and you deserve a medal and a big hug.
Ok so your family may not talk to you for a long time, but there's a bunny now that will.!

Debbie, what you have been done is brave and inspirational. There's no doubt about it, that is exactly what needed to be done.

I hope your family see the good person that you are.

Fiona x

:oops: aww thank youa ll i felt i was the big baddie for doing this..i realy did..i thought everyone would think i was out for attention forme..no not for me..i wanted to draw attention to the plight of that poor litle bunny..
heck i even offerred to take him myself for a while..i was so upset..

BUT ive failed..ive failed moserably......

my mum told my half sis id rang themlast night..hence the cgae being bought into the kitchen and my half sis walking in the rain and dark to drop food etc for him to make it look like he had been fed etc..and got hay etc .when hed been without it for so long...

i was miffed as i rang the rspca with correct road details etc and was told if my niece did take him over to my sis then i had to ring and inform them..they were going our first thing this morn..

guess what? they never went.. :(
i rang to inform them at lunch time that my niece had just dropped giles of at her mums and they were both going back to for his cage..
i said hes been neglected etc he needs checking over etc but i guess as he was away from my niece and the grarage etc they didnt see the point!!!

i am soooo mad!!

i inccur the wrath of my family etc in order to savethis little fella from his situation..and the rspca was the best thing right..this new law etc...

but theres so many loopholes its ridiculous..fora family.my half sis and my niece of animal cruelty/neglect..and regular spot checks at their od addresby the rs pca youd think somethingwould have been done evn more so as i told them the details of the last place they lived and the spot checks etc..

i thought i could make a difference and save this litle guy..and all ive done is get my family esp my mum mad enought to throttle me and depressed and ashamed that id did it enough to want to drop dead herself..her words not mine!

it akes me spit fury..

i ams o grateful for the support here.youhave no idea i mean i must be a mean bleep if i round up on my own family right? not so..why should they be any different from anyone else?
thank you al for making me realise that and helping me overcome my shame..and sadly my failings to sort anything out for him... :cry:

Big hugs hun xxx What you did was very brave and it was the right thing at least you know the bunny is going to be alright now xxx

Back