• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toys for Big Girls and Boys

Roz

Warren Scout
We have recently acquired a female giant white rabbit called Alice, and having already scoured our local pet shops and searched on the net we are struggling to find toys for her. Regualr sized rabbits toys either hold no interest, break or can be warn as a hat :shock:

Can anyone point me in the right direction or give me some ideas for toys for her? :D

Florence is too laid back for toys, she just wants a quiet life whereas BooBoo finds my trainers or slippers great fun. And any bags of compost she may discover. And trying to dive past me out of the garage. And trying to dive in through the kitchen door. Sorry I'm not helping much am I? Talk about chalk and cheese!

Neil

What about a dog treat ball. They're quite big, and you can put the daily ration of pellets in them.
I recently bought a yoga ball (?) for the buns, which is basically a huge willow ball, with lots of smaller willow balls inside. It's taking mine ages to chew through it.
A big storage box full of hay is a favourite, as is a large plant pot filled with hay and little treats (maybe a few herbs/ bits of apple).

Neil-and-Maria said:
Florence is too laid back for toys, she just wants a quiet life whereas BooBoo finds my trainers or slippers great fun. And any bags of compost she may discover. And trying to dive past me out of the garage. And trying to dive in through the kitchen door. Sorry I'm not helping much am I? Talk about chalk and cheese!

Neil

Hi Neil,

Kev my partner has to give up his slippers on regular occasion, my trainers get thrown out of the lounge! But thanks for the help. I have just seen your pictures of Florence, she is beautiful :)

Roz said:
Neil-and-Maria said:

Neil

Hi Neil,

Kev my partner has to give up his slippers on regular occasion, my trainers get thrown out of the lounge! But thanks for the help. I have just seen your pictures of Florence, she is beautiful :)

Thank you! Florence is, as I've said a million times, Daddy's girl!

Neil

HS said:
What about a dog treat ball. They're quite big, and you can put the daily ration of pellets in them.
I recently bought a yoga ball (?) for the buns, which is basically a huge willow ball, with lots of smaller willow balls inside. It's taking mine ages to chew through it.
A big storage box full of hay is a favourite, as is a large plant pot filled with hay and little treats (maybe a few herbs/ bits of apple).

Hi Hs,

We brought her one of those balls, i don't think she is fan. I left out Fred's rabbit tunnel tonight, she managed to get in up to her tail, and had to breathe in to back out. But thanks for your help :)

My giants like the yoga willow ball, and also lots of the jingle balls...can often hear them being thrown around with great gusto!
They have one of the giant chubes that they like, and as they like to sit up high I have put the top half of a really big pet carrier that I have in their run..they like to hide in this too.
Their favourite boredom breaker is apple tree branches, and as we had to cut down half our tree last weekend :( they've plenty of that to gnaw on :rabbit2: .
I keep looking for new toys for them as well, but most of them are just too small.
Cardboard boxes give Ra lots of enjoyment - he loves hide and seek.
If you do find anything that she enjoys post it on here, and I'll do likewise!

BB Mommy said:
My giants like the yoga willow ball, and also lots of the jingle balls...can often hear them being thrown around with great gusto!
They have one of the giant chubes that they like, and as they like to sit up high I have put the top half of a really big pet carrier that I have in their run..they like to hide in this too.
Their favourite boredom breaker is apple tree branches, and as we had to cut down half our tree last weekend :( they've plenty of that to gnaw on :rabbit2: .
I keep looking for new toys for them as well, but most of them are just too small.
Cardboard boxes give Ra lots of enjoyment - he loves hide and seek.
If you do find anything that she enjoys post it on here, and I'll do likewise!

Oh I thought this thread title was specifically for you- --
Big girl and boy! :lol:

Purplebum :D

Thanks for the link!...I've ordered one of the striped tunnels (said suitable for giants and frenchies). It looks as though it'll be big enough...much better than the ones I've seen in pet shops :bunny: .
I've only ordered one today, but if it's big enough when it arrives I'll get another one for my other pair as well.

Thanks so much...finally found what I've been searching for :lol: :D :lol: :rabbit2:

My two ginats like large flower pots and plastic drinks bottles squashed with a stone in the so they rattle!

Phill said:
My two ginats like large flower pots and plastic drinks bottles squashed with a stone in the so they rattle!

Alice definately likes things that makes a noise! I will try that :D Thanks

Back