• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RWA Sth Yorks Hopper Group: First Meeting TONIGHT!

Morrigan1981

Mama Doe
Does anyone know if there is already a RWA 'Hopper Group' in Sth Yorks?

If not, would there be any interest in joining one, if I were to set the ball rolling? :D

No there isnt and yes I would.....was only thinking about it yesterday when looking through my old RWA mags. :D

Thanks for the replies everyone :D Looks like we might be on to a winner!

drboo - Hopper Groups are set up via the Rabbit Welfare Association and are a means of getting local rabbit lovers together. Partly it's a social thing, but Hopper Groups are also involved with helping to fund raise for the RWA and with education and publicity too :D When I first read them about in spring's Rabbiting On I was really keen to get involved, but as there wasn't one in Sth Yorks I put it on hold whilst I finished my PhD. I have a bit more free time now though, so I'm quite happy to kick start a Sth Yorks Hopper Group! :rabbit2:

I'll email the RWA today and let you know what they say :D

OK guys, this is all official now! :D

For anyone interested in taking part in the Sth Yorks Hoppers Group, you can either post here, PM me or alternatively, contact details will be published in Autumn's Rabbiting On magazine :D

I'd quite like to arrange a 'getting to know everyone' type meeting, maybe at a central pub, or coffee shop? Any thoughts / ideas welcomed!

This is great! thanks for all of the replies! :wave:

Joanne, I'm not sure that you would have to be a member of the RWA to come along, although I'd recommend it even if just for the very fab Rabbiting On magazine! :lol:

I've got a bit of a busy weeked ahead this week, but once I've got that out of the way I'll get thinking about a date / time / place for the first SY Hopper Group gathering. Watch this space! :D

This is great! thanks for all of the replies! :wave:

Joanne, I'm not sure that you would have to be a member of the RWA to come along, although I'd recommend it even if just for the very fab Rabbiting On magazine! :lol:

I've got a bit of a busy weeked ahead this week, but once I've got that out of the way I'll get thinking about a date / time / place for the first SY Hopper Group gathering. Watch this space! :D

Ohhh cool :lol:

I probably will join at some time, at the mo though different things seem to gobble up any spare cash i have :(

Look forward to hearing more :D

Hehe, I thought about your pub as a venue when I was posting last night Sooz! :lol:

Would everyone be happy to come to Sheffield, or is the consensus that it'd be easier to have meetings somewhere more central for everyone? (not sure where that would be, somewhere on the Barnsley / Sheffield border maybe :lol: )

We could have a day out in Derbyshire especially for Becki too ;) :D

Were on the 60/120 and 86 bus route, stop is right outside the door ;) I need Public transport too...

The pb is 2 mins up the road form my place......so we can expect you to be how late? :lol:

Back