• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Great book everybody should get

True but just think how far rabbit medicine has come on in the last few years. E.g. Panacure has only just been licensed for use with rabbits. Vets are only now really taking an interest in the species etc.

Our copy was reprinted in 2004 so maybe its time for a new edition to come out but still worth every penny.

Bunnybasics said:
True but just think how far rabbit medicine has come on in the last few years. E.g. Panacure has only just been licensed for use with rabbits. Vets are only now really taking an interest in the species etc.

Our copy was reprinted in 2004 so maybe its time for a new edition to come out but still worth every penny.

Yes, I was talking to one of the Fort Dodge Vets last week ( that name always makes me think of the TV prog' Dallas!!) She was saying that it is becoming apparent that Vets are going to have to 'up their game' as Pet Rabbit owners are becoming more knowledgable and demanding !!!

:p :p

Its just so frustrating that there is still little research being done into more advanced Rabbit Medicine. I use heart disease as my example having had a few Buns diagnosed with it. You get a basic diagnosis but so often hit a brick will with regards to treatment. If you dont have a Vet willing to prescribe off licence your basically snookered.
If research was done into various drugs for Rabbits then that would mean ALL Vets could access different treatment options.

*Steps down from soap box*...... :oops:

Janex

Back