• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bees!

CottonMather

Warren Veteran
OMG look at these bees! :shock: They've swarmed my mum and dad's house in France and are now taking up residence behind their shutters!
100_1090.jpg

100_1093.jpg

100_1091.jpg

100_1096.jpg

Hopefully I'll get to see them, as I'm visiting them tomorrow :D

I really have a problem with bees...those pictures nearly made me cry :oops: :oops: I feel shakey...think I need some tea and chocolate :shock:

:shock: :shock: Eek!! Well, at least they're not hornets! My mum and dad's place in France gets a hornets nest every year!

bissli said:
:shock: :shock: Eek!! Well, at least they're not hornets! My mum and dad's place in France gets a hornets nest every year!

I stayed in france last year and spent most of my time scared by buzzing things, they had the hugest wasps I've ever seen...they were as big as moths :shock: :shock:

I have decided I like england :lol:

*shudders* im not much of a bee fan actually i still run away from them now when they come near me :oops: make myself look like an idiot in public :lol:

cannonwoman said:
:shock: :shock: EEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!!!

Afraid i`m totally phobic of buzzy things wearing stripey jackets!!!! :oops:

Su.x

Same here, :oops:

Can't believe you are looking forward to seeing them! :shock:

Can I look after Nitro while you are away :love: :love: :love:

Maria
/hiding behind Neil

My god - I honestly didn't expect reactions like that :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They are getting them moved (not sure where to though :? )
I kept saying "please keep them - they're soooooo cool!!!" - I love the way you can watch them from inside - like an ant farm! :D
I know what you mean about the hornets though :shock: ! now they scare me!!!

and Maria, you are more than welcome to come and visit Nitro et al., I do have a sitter coming in to feed them, but I'm sure they'd like the extra attention - how often are you planning on driving those hundreds of miles!?!? I'm sure Neil won't notice you missing - just dress florence up as you - that'll fool him! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Urgh....they are really terrifying!! Just the sight/sound of one bee near my window freaks me out never mind that many............... :shock: :cry:

:shock: I don't mind one or two bees, but a whole swarm of them would really scare me. Last year we had some hornets near our summer house in Sweden, and one evening I went to the toilet and suddenly felt as if someone was watching me. Then I saw this hornet sitting on top of the mirror. They look really mean. I left the bathroom and let my boyfriend deal with the hornet. :oops:

I think bees are cool too. If they are honey bees maybe you could drill a little hole in the window. Honey on tap.

Oh you are a nutter! In the nicest possible way of course.
They do look fun to watch altogether like that.

I don't really have a problem with bees. Wasps anoy me but I'm not scared of them, I'm loads bigger! I hate moths, can't stand em, freak me out I'm sure they make everyeffort to go for me!

OMG Faye! That is alot of bees. I'd be scared they got me in the night, and crawled in my ears and mouth and nose. Eugh!

I am particularly scared of bees, so scared that i screamed very loudly in the garden the other day when one landed on me! It was very big.... but Ben (poochie), started barking at it and chased it away :D . He chases bees, and unfortunately has killed one :(, poor bee.

Back