• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Starting the rescue

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Ok guys you will be happy to know that i have decided to start a small rescue. Im really very unsure of how much of a need there is in SWS but i will give it a go, the worst that can happen is we don't get any buns at all. Jill as very kindly let me have a look at her forms and i will adapt these for my use. My mum is also going to help and provide an overflow should we need one. We wont be able to start until June as i need extra accomodation and can't get this until the end of may, but that does give me three weeks to get organised and advertise, how to advertise is where im a bit stuck but i will figure that out. What im really stuck on is what to call it? Does anyone have any ideas??

Oh wow Phill that's brilliant!! I am sure you'll do a grand job :)

Now names for your Rescue.... :?

Lockerbie Lagomorphs :lol:

Thistle Rabbit Rescue (Thistle-Scotland get it!!)

The Wee Warren (Wee as in small!! )

Bonnie Bunnies

.........there's a few to throw into a hat !!

GOOD LUCK with the venture Phill!!

Janex

I'm not very good at thinking of names. Think of where you live, what you like, colours and rabbits, try a play on words 8)

You could let local vets know and also nearby rescues who don't take in rabbits, they could direct people to you.

Thanks guys xx

Neesh there are no nearby rescue that i know of in SWS i've searched everywhere and nothing

Thanks Guys, i wont be big i reckon on about 10 rescue buns but i also know what im like and will probs end up over run :lol:

Well done Phil :D

a word of warning..do set yourself a limit and stick to it. You won't do yourself or the rabbits any favours by taking in too many.
a lot of us have known a rescue where the person in charge couldn't say no and ended up in a right mess.... :(

on a happier note....put up posters in vets and petshops..if they'll let you..your local Post Office..etc...a cute pic on the poster and keep the wording to a minimum...usually gets a response....

I like Thistle Rabbit Rescue :D

And make sure you have some friends to help and maybe foster bunnies for you, just in case you get seriously ill or want to go on a vacation in the next 10 years.

Make sure your neighbours, if you have any, are ok with your plans.

For advertising, apart form pet shops and vets, you could try the notice boards in supermarkets. Make sure you can get a hold of enough newspaper.

Good luck Phill

I like Thistle but there is a Thistle Guineapig Rescue so if you decide to go with that make sure you're not stepping on anyone's toes

Other names: erm.... how about using the name of a much loved bunny, past or present, and having a logo made with his/her image on?

Thanks Guys, Don't worry Jill i will only have a certain number of hutch spaces so anything after that amount will have to wait, after having over 40 buns of my own over the years i think i have become a little hard faced.

Daisy i love Hop Scotch Rabbit Sanctuary! Brilliant! I think i may have to do a poll and see what wins!

Back