• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG Now Lizzie is Very Poorly-U/D Improving :-)

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I feel like I must be poisoning my Rabbits. After losing Millie to bloat, then Dermot having tummy ache yesterday, now Lizzie has the start of GI stasis and is in A LOT of pain :cry: She is not bloating up.......YET......

I have given all relevent meds and will speak with Tim (Vet) at 0830hrs

I really dont know why this has happened :cry:

Janex

I'm so sorry thats awful :cry: I'm sure its nothing that you're doing just rotten luck. At least its not too long until you can talk to the vet and get her seen to. ((hugs and healing vibes)))

Well, this is very odd. Just like Dermot yesterday Lizzie is improving having had some Metoclopromide and Metacam. As she was in a lot of pain I also gave her a small dose of Torbugesic (OK'd by Vet). She is now nibbling hay and her tum feels much more relaxed.

Now I have to try and work out what upset Dermot yesterday and Lizzie today............. :?

Janex

hmmm very odd Jane, they havn't eaten something they shouldn't have whilst you weren't looking have they???

Maybe you could get Inspector Morse on the case :wink:
Seriously though....i hope shes ok Jane,
Sending lots of vibes xxxxxxxxxx

I am still utterly certain that Rexes guts are more delicate.
Thankfully Lizzie seems much better now.
I am clueless as to what upset her :?

Janex

Hi Jane

Glad Lizzie seems better. Eight of ours eat for England day in, day out! Rita our Rex however, goes off her food around once a month for the night and nothing will tempt her otherwise. The following day she's back tucking in like nothing was ever wrong! Strange.

Neil

Back