• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new hutch anyone else

sazixd

Warren Scout
hiya
iv just bought this hutch and run from the rabbit hutch company and got another hutch for the other side with a ramp for £140 so im hoping it will be here friday :p http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LARGE-RABBIT-...hZ020QQcategoryZ63513QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
what im goin to do is divide it in 2 so biffy has one half and benny has the other.
im doing this cause i think biffy is pregnant and i want her to be able to come and go in the run when she pleases without having to share it with benny.
im hoping that eventually they can share the run as iv just had benny neutered so even if biffy isnt pregnant il still have to wait a few weeks for them to be able to run together.
does anyone else have this one as im looking for ideas to deck it out so they dont get bored.
also does anyone know which type of cover would be best for stopping rain and wind going in the hutch :)

Hiya

I've got a similar one from Happy Hutch and I asked the other day re protecting it from the weather in this thread

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=46233&highlight=

My OH then bought some huge tarpaulins from B&Q and some of the gripper things that Ali suggested and it's worked really well. Only thing is it isn't very attractive as I now have two huge blue blobs in the garden :lol: Oh well, as long as the rabbits are dry :)

If Biffy wasn't mated too long ago you may be able to get her spayed and then she definately won't have any babies. I know some people are uncomfortable with the idea of this though, and if shes too far gone it wouldn't be safe.

I use shower curtains over my hutch and run. They have a pink see-through one on the run and one which is clear with gold bits on over the hutch, very pretty for girls :wink: :lol:

winegums2007 said:
Looks good but I dont understand how ur gonna split it in half? Cos the ramp for the run is only on 1 side...

She said in her first post that she had bought another hutch and ramp for the other side...... :wink:

Ruth81 said:
winegums2007 said:
Looks good but I dont understand how ur gonna split it in half? Cos the ramp for the run is only on 1 side...

She said in her first post that she had bought another hutch and ramp for the other side...... :wink:

yeah it cost me an extra 50 to get an extra hutch and ramp on it now i just have to figure out how to split the run :? :)
im not sure what tarpaulins looks like but the shower curtain sounds like a good idea too :thumb: so im gonna wait till it comes on saturday and get measurements to get a few :p
If Biffy wasn't mated too long ago you may be able to get her spayed and then she definately won't have any babies. I know some people are uncomfortable with the idea of this though, and if shes too far gone it wouldn't be safe.
they were in together all their lives i think cause they were when i got them both and biffy was in with benny for sure for the first week i got them aswell so i dont know how long if she is, that she fell pregnant. the vet suggested waiting till biffy was a bit older to get her spayed and that there would be alot of health risks involved with terminating babies.i did ask the vet for all my options as i didnt think it would be fair on biffy having babies but if theres a chance i could lose her then its a chance i dont want to take :(
iv had this done for 2 of my cats before aswell as i think its not fair bringing more animals in the world when there are enough needing homes in rescues so its not that i dont agree with it its just i dont want to chance losing biffy :cry:

:)
if this were another forum there would be a full scale argument about terminating babies by now :roll:

Back