• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Climbing................WTF?

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
Theo was on a mad one this morning. He was CLIMBING out of his run when i found him this morning. This is his run

picboth.jpg

As you can see- its quite sturdy but i would never have expected it. He started to run round and round and binky everywhere (scaring poor cleo to death) and then started to chase and tease cleo.......

I have seen him climb once before- he leaps at the side and hung on for dear life but got stuck- i had to help him down.....

But today he was actually climbing - using his little 'hands'

is my bunny possessed?

When I visited the baby bunnies I'm getting from a friend a few weeks ago, by the age of four weeks one of them had perfected the art of launching himself at the side of the run, climbing up the mesh and jumping over the other side. I think I'm going to have my hands full with him :roll: Maybe I should name him after a mountaineer? :lol:

One of my boyfriends rabbits Rocky can climb up the run thing and sits on top of the hutch, only he can't get down again and looks all feeble and needs to be rescued.

Maybe it's cos it's spring? :p

Polo can climb :oops: ... you got to watch her, however she doesnt use her paws like you described Theo did.... I think i remember honeybunny saying one of her buns climbs like that. How strange...

:lol: :lol:

Barney started to climb up the side of the dog crate cos he saw food on top! well smelled it more likely. There was a thread on here a while back about climbing buns, some can climb fences!

Jemma&Theo said:
he he- ill get him a rucksack and some spikey boots

:lol: And a bobble hat. Oh, and some mittens strung through his anorak sleeves so he doesn't lose them!! :lol:

Ever thought of putting a shelf in? My Rosie likes to be in high places, on window sills and chairs, so maybe he'd like somewhere high to sit. It might be safer if you supply him with that instead of letting him just climb where he could fall!

argos- just search google for 'neat idea cubes' they dont do them at argos any more :(

and i will get theo something high up :D

I would have thought you were all nuts <"squirrels" indeed>, if I hadn't seen my fifi scale a fence yesterday

There is a 2foot high fence between the two rabbit pens, and fifi had somehow learnt how to get in with the boys :wink:

As soon as she saw me coming, she panicked and wanted to get back home...

I saw her run towards the wall of the hutch, at the last minute leap against it, and use this as a springboard (turning 90degrees) to get enough height to bound over the fence :shock: WTF !

Back