• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Failure :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I have been trying to bond Meg and Michael but I really dont think it is going to work :cry:
They have had quite a big fight and I am just too affraid to try again :cry:

I tried to bond Meg with Dermot a couple of weeks ago and Hal before that. She attacked them both straight away. Not just nipping and fur pulling but really latching on and digging her teeth in :shock: :cry: With Michael she was ok for about 20 minutes then all h*ll broke loose :shock: :cry:

I am wondering if the fact that Meg was used for intensive breeding is causing her to not want any bucks around her now :?

I think the only hope of bonding Meg with Michael is to ask some-one else to do it as I am too scared to have another go... :oops: :cry:

Janex

Have you got any spare girlies she could live with? My Chocolate hated boys & i struggled to bond her (although now she's in the 9 :lol: )

I'm sorry that sound really scarey!! You've done your best but maybe she doesn't want a buck, like you say. Hopefully someone will offer try it again for you. I wouldn't be able to bear it either :cry:

Angie65 said:
Have you got any spare girlies she could live with? My Chocolate hated boys & i struggled to bond her (although now she's in the 9 :lol: )

Only Maggie and Lady Lydia. Maggie HATES all Does and Lady Lydia isn't spayed yet and I really got her as a friend for Sir Victor.

Why, oh why cant bunnies understand that having a friend to snuggle with is nice...............

Janex

Sometimes it is as simple as doing it without any buns in the immediate area and more importantly doing it on neutral territory. Jane's neutral territory from all her buns must be a little, dare I say short in supply.

jrn1310 said:
Sometimes it is as simple as doing it without any buns in the immediate area and more importantly doing it on neutral territory. Jane's neutral territory from all her buns must be a little, dare I say short in supply.

The neutral territory is there but its all within smell range of other Buns.
I could use my friends back garden, but that would mean me sitting round there all day too. Not really an option with all the other Buns to be cared for here.

Thanks again Janice :D

Janex

The same thing happened to me when I tried to bond Joey and Skye, it's really nerve wracking!

I bonded my friends rabbit with her new one in my kitched at the weekend and they were snuggling within the hour! Why can't they all be that easy!

Hope there's a happy ending for you.

Back