• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grooming - U/D - angry charlie photos lol

buddabun

Warren Veteran
`Why do they hate it so much!! Jack just sat there - not sure if she was enjoying it or just terrified, charlie fights me every step of the way... I got 3 full brushes of hair off each of them and they look loads better now!

Does anyone's buns actually ENJOY being groomed?

:lol: Scarlett is the only one of mine that doesnt like it, but only because she is so fluffy and being groomed involves me picking bits of hay from her fur :lol:

Darcy loves being groomed if I do it with my hands but if I try and get a pet brush anywhere near him he runs off!! :roll: :lol: :lol:

My first rescue bun, Vincent, loved being groomed. I think that was a reflection of the fact that he was lonely though - I think he would have loved a lady bun to groom him :love: :(

I wouldn't say that Jen likes being groomed, but she'll tolerate it. Frankie is still quite skittish and doesn't like being handled full stop, so I keep his grooming as brief as possible! Fortunately they are both short haired (although Jen has a bit of a mane) so the grooming isn't as frequent as it would need to be for some buns :love:

glad it's not just me... i try not to brush them too much but Jack does look unusually sleek now I've done it! I may try to get a few more hairs off charlie if he'll let me

x

new question - do your rabbits look SMALLER after you've groomed them?!

My two are both quite teeny anyway but I swear that they look smaller after I've brushed them - surely fur can't make THAT much of a visible difference can it?

I groomed Charles again today... he is not talking to me and remains unimpressed:

"Can't you see I'm naturally gorgeous and look down on all 2 foots from a great height?!"

charliemouth.jpg

"Right, that's it - I'm coming for you! You will pay for your insolence!"

charlierunning.jpg

"I may not be talking to you but DADDY would never bring that nasty brush near to me so HE gets all my kisses from now on" (Had to black out face - hubby v security-conscious!)

charliesteve-edited.jpg

Flopsy loves it :D Well thats probably because he cant scratch himself properly, so he always counts on me to get his itchy spots and trust me by now i know exactly where they are :thumb:

Fred and Alice both have spots they don't mind being brushed (their noses) they suffer having the rest done :)

Maya loves being groomed...he gets carried away and grooms whatever he is sitting on with his ickle mouth!!

Bindi does fight a ickle but then she doesn't have much of a problem with shedding her own hair.

Back