• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The best hutch on the market...?

Morrigan1981

Mama Doe
Hello everyone :wave:

I'm umm'ing and ahh'ing about getting another hutch, and I wondered what hutch other forummers consider to be the 'best' currently available, for a bonded pair of bunnies?

I'd consider a'double hutch' too, with lots of space for a second pair? (although this is by no means confirmed, just you know, considering it :oops: )

I know a shed is probably by far superior to a hutch and I've been holding out for a shed for ages, but our garden is a very weird shape and we have some building issues that mean that, for at least the forseeable future, I've come to the conclusion it has to be a hutch :(

Jen and Frankie are currently in a Lavender Lodge with a separate run, but I'd like something that gives them a little more freedom those days when I work in the office :D

Thanks x

Happy hutches have good size hutches and at not bad prices.Would put up the link for you , but not sure how to do this sorry. :oops:
Carol X

A few people have recommended that one to me before Mandy - looks like it's still the RU favourite! :D :love: I'll email the link to my OH now :D

Dunno what I'll do with the Lavender Lodge.. seems a shame to put another bonded pair in there if I've already decided it's not enough for Frankie and Jen :? I might be looking for a new home for it soon :love: (rescue or a fosterer or something!) :D

I have this one. Its a double 6ft x 2ft x 2ft with an attached 6 x 5 run. Its all T &G timber and very well built. It wasnt cheap but worth it I think :D
I got it from Ryedale Hutches, who advertise on Rabbit Rehome.

bunnies014.jpg

bunnies011.jpg

I have the 6ft happyhutch with the run for Trip and Scarlett :D They have plenty of room in it. Here are some pics of mine

000_0885.jpg

Inside the run

000_0886.jpg

This is how big the closed off part is

000_0862.jpg

And a pic of my brother in the run pretending to be a bunny
:roll: :lol:

000_0855.jpg

Thanks everyone. I'm going to have a measure up tonight and see what sort of space I have to work with :D I think the HappyHutch one looks like it might be a winner!

I'm stupidly excited about getting a lovely new big house for the rabbits :love: :lol: I can't wait to see them charging about! :love:

I think I may have to buy the single storey one, Vinnies arthritis now makes it hard to use ramps so they have been moved into the rabbit shed but hate it, they still go to their old hutch every night but I can't let him stay downstairs all night as it isn't roomy enough and not drought proof.

They are fair prices I think! :thumb:

leanne said:
I think I may have to buy the single storey one, Vinnies arthritis now makes it hard to use ramps so they have been moved into the rabbit shed but hate it, they still go to their old hutch every night but I can't let him stay downstairs all night as it isn't roomy enough and not drought proof.

They are fair prices I think! :thumb:

I have the 6ft happyhutch for my other two without the run underneath :D I just have it inside a big run instead. Here are some pics of my other set up, sorry they arent really showing the whole thing but you get the idea :D

DSC00177.jpg

DSC00110.jpg

:D

Why don't you still use the lavender lodge but construct a large run around it? There are aviary panels on ebay which are 6ft x 3ft tall so you could easily make a 6 x 6 run or if you have space even bigger

I have the huge HH hutch/run off ebay and am very happy with the overall size of it although I question the quality of the wood used. I've used a tarp to cover it up as it was leaking a bit and I think the wood would rot quite quickly. Saying that I have bought another of them for Teddy and Jemima and it's plenty big enough and he's a big bunny and both have uppy ears.

kayjay said:
Why don't you still use the lavender lodge but construct a large run around it? There are aviary panels on ebay which are 6ft x 3ft tall so you could easily make a 6 x 6 run or if you have space even bigger

Aww, this is kind of the problem :( If I go for one of the HH hutches, I could get one with a run underneath because there isn't that much free floor space in the garden (it's very steep and heavily tiered). I did attach a run to the Lavender Lodge for a while but it had to come out from the hutch, and we just couldn't squeeze around it easily :(

I need to have a proper measure up and get my thinking hat on!

Morrigan1981 said:
kayjay said:

Aww, this is kind of the problem :( If I go for one of the HH hutches, I could get one with a run underneath because there isn't that much free floor space in the garden (it's very steep and heavily tiered). I did attach a run to the Lavender Lodge for a while but it had to come out from the hutch, and we just couldn't squeeze around it easily :(

I need to have a proper measure up and get my thinking hat on!

We've only got a small garden too and the HH one is good in that it takes up 6 x 4 but gives the rabbits loads of space. If you bid for one on ebay don't bid more than £112 as they send you a 'second chance' offer if you're outbid

I'm going to add extra woodstain on mine to try and waterproof it more and with the tarp on it's fine.

I do think the happy hutch is great value for money. I only wish they were made of tongue and groove timber like they used to be. Its the wood that does put me off but they are a nice hutch. :D

Hi,

There is also hutch/run by The Rabbit Hutch Shop on ebay. It is 6 x 4 and tongue and groove wood but the hutch is 18in tall??

Back