• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

GI tsasis from licking panacur off dewlap!!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
omg here we go again..Bifs got the start of GI stassi AGAIn..weve been giving her fibrplex since last night and theres a few poos but hter so small and odd shaped.mm wonder what that is! yes im guessing shes got the start of a dentl being needed but not an urgent one..id rather petra do it as she does both sides to even it up each time..no ther vet id had does that1
BUT this time its all down to her getitng panacyr liquid and fibreplex paste all downher dewlap not matter what i try and she escpaes and washes it off no dountngesting a godo heap of fur..

why bif..oh why....

im seeing the vet at 10am and im dreading it as petras away..i wil marchin demand met jab and say ta ta and ask for home doses of it too as bif gets so stressedout going anywhere i won risk it.
the cavity wall nsualtion folks were comong thursay and we were having to go over me mums but i have cancelled cos of bif poor soul

the panaurs been given for almost a fornight now only another fortnight to go..and how many bouts of this bif? if i cover her with a towel etc she justs bites down onthe towel and no meds gets in.shes a little beep beep beep!!
wish us luck..

Oh no Deb! Let me know how the little madam gets on hun. Hey Deb, what did you honestly expect, more than a week without worry?????? Those damn buns will be the death of us!! Hugs from me all round. xx

:roll: i trat my buns soo badly.. :lol:

aww thank you..i have been worried sick as i have lost one bun to this and that was bifs husbun..oscar..

Today we have got some freshly squeezed pinapple juice arrive..we have ground up the pill init powder and mixed it with the juice and syringed it in..
she smels lovely :lol:

shes only had one dose today shes been hiding in our porch! but she sout now..so dose now and one tonite..

shes done a few poos but not much and stillsmall but its something and their hay turned up last night so shes eating someof that and evena few pellets! the fibreplex is down to a once daily dose too shes getting very stressed and we are trying to halve that problem..

yes donna what did i expect eh?! How ell do e know what bunnies do to us eh..
shes not ill liek she was before with gi stasis but i think its cos we had the fibreplex till we got to the vets and we got there right att he start..although long term problems she used to be like this for weeks and then itd be life threatening then back to this and never recover..shes ok till this panacur business..we now have the paste for ehr too!!

keep wishingher luck..imnever too comfy around gi stasis buns anymore.. :(

hugs are realy appreciated donna..she even gave nikki a hug after taking her meds this morning! we were so shocked and iw as so jealous..she never hugs anyone like that!

come on Biffykins..mummys bunny gal..xx

Back