• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need to monitor bunnies without driving them mad!

SarahP

Wise Old Thumper
My bunnies have been living inside for nearly 2 weeks now, since Clover went into stasis again, and Dusty hasn't been right either. Basically, I've had them in the kitchen, with one bunny in a pen, and the other not, so they have separate litter trays, but can still interact with each other. But they don't like being indoors, and are obviously feeling cooped up.

I try to let them run around together in the house when I can, as well as putting them in the run for a runaround, but they are getting seriously fed up - this wet weather doesn't help! I know this isn't going to help their health either.

But I feel like I can't put them back together in the hutch outside, or I just won't be able to monitor what is coming out of who! At the moment I'm able to pick up on the slightest change. Clover seems good at the moment, and if Dusty was totally back to normal, I'd take a chance. Plus, much as I love their company, they are seriously underfoot in my tiny kitchen! :shock: :lol:

Help! Any suggestions gratefully received. :)

Hi

Nothing obvious that I can think of. As you say it's next to impossible to monitor one rabbit when they are both together in one hutch.
Our two are in a shed with a litter tray & generally use the litter tray when they are fed at night during the half hour or so that we spend with them, especially if the hay has just been topped up. Not really an option with a hutch and it's pouring with rain though.
Is there anyway you can improve things indoors as it's only for the short term until Dusty is back to normal?

Mike

Back