• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

so p****d off grrrrr U/D hes gone =(

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
went to my local garden centre today to get some dust free hay as their the only place that sells it here :shock: anyways like always i had a little peek at the rabbits and Guinea Pigs one of the rabbits was trying to walk but kept falling on its side :shock: i told the assisstant it wasnt normal for a rabbit to walk and fall over all the time and it should see a vet the reply i got was 'he was the runt of the litter so hes developing alot slower then the others' :shock: :evil: so instead of causing a scene i told her id take the rabbit (to get him some veterinary treatment!) they still charged me £30 for him even though i will probably be spending hundreds on vet bills to make him better. when i got home i took him out the box he was quite cold and extreamly thin :shock: i can feel every bone in his tiny little body :cry: he also had a messy bum (hes really fluffy) i rung the vet and since it was 6 o clock they told me to keep him comfortable and to seringe feed him and to get him down first thing in the morning even though i would have prefered he was seen to straight away! ive cleaned him up and currently have him on a hot water bottle which is wrapped in a thick blacket so it cant burn him. ive took piccys of the state of him (mainly of his bum) i am reporting the garden centre tomorrow to the RSPCA and another place my mum recommended but i cant remember what you call it :? i just hope this bun pulls through :cry: i know i probably shouldnt have bought him because the garden centres now going to think its alright to sell ill rabbits but i really couldnt leave him there :cry: i really dont think he should have suffered just because hes in a pet shop :cry:

ive seringed fed some water to him but im a little unsure what to seringe feed him food wise :shock: i was told vegitarian baby food which ive bought a little tub of but before i feed it to him i just want to know if this will be ok? its a carrot flavoured one :? i know the best thing to use is probably one you do your self in a food mixer thing :? but i dont have one :oops: so any advice on helping this baby overnight will be much appreciated.

i wasnt sure whether to post this here of the welfare issues area so please feel free to move this if i have posted in the wrong area :oops:

I couldn't have left him there either!

I know as he's a baby he won't be used to veg at all but I boiled up some carrot, cauli leaves and brocoli and mushed it all up until it would go in the syringe (I added water too so it was thin enough) and syringe fed that.

I dunno if it'd be ok though cause he's a baby but at least you know what your giving him whereas baby food could have potato in and there not allowed are they?

Fingers crossed for the little one, you've given him a chance whereas goodness knows what would have happened if left to the garden centre :roll:

Keep us updated :)

XxX

Do your own rabbits eat pellets if so mush some of them down with a little cooled boiled water and give him that. Also offer him some hay or dried grass.

Hope he gets through the night and the vets can help him in the morning. :)

:( thats awful..hey id have done the same thing and rung the rspaca as well..grrr
you cant ry some soaked pelelts..turned to mush mixed with alittle baby food to add flavour..if youve any diroalyte for kids handy then its excellent at rehydration therapy..
i hope the little thing makes it..god on you for trying to save his life i couldnt have slept if idleft himthere either..keep us posted.

I wouldnt of been able to leave him either, Thats how i ended up with Dillon, Mush some peletts down with boling water, just leave it to go slightly warm before feeding.

thanks for all the advice! im going to mush some pellets now hope he takes it ok :shock: last time i had to seringe feed a Guinea Pig half the food went all over me :shock: i will keep yous all updated :)

he now sadly passed on :cry: my bf woke me up about 15 mins ago to tell me he had sadly passed on during his sleep :cry: i am ringing the garden Centre today for a refund i will also be reporting the assisstant who swore that there was nothing wrong with the bun :cry: he will be cremated and il be ringing everywhere today to complain about the garden centre i just hope i get somewhere :( anyways going to make a a message for the little babes on the rainbow bridge :cry:

Sorry to hear little bun didnt make it, but you did all you could and at least he passed while being loved and cared for.

Definately complain, in fact complain big time and makes as many threats as possible, its only when people kick up a stink that places like that stop selling.

Sleep tight little bunny. :(

:( Poor little one - but you did your best for him and he didn't die in the garden centre without being loved. I would def complain - go in and make a fuss, report them to the RSPCA - try to get your vets support for this. Also complain to the council.

If the garden centre is a nationwide company, write to their head office as well. Also send details of this poor bunny to Animal Aid who are campaigning for animals not to be sold in garden centres. They helped Wyevale "decide" to stop selling animals and have certainly transformed Notcutts with their campaigns. My local Notcutts will not sell bunnies two weeks before Easter or Xmas and all their bunnies has to go in pairs, to name two of their improvements.

That is disgusting, I would write a VERY ANGRY letter. I couldn't have left it there either. Poor poor bunny, what a load of rubbish, runts do not generally develop later unless they are dangerously runtish, all my runts have been the same as the others, just smaller.
Good for you for taking it in, at least it died somewhere nicer than a scummy petshop.

Back