• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescues with guinea pigs

rngpwelfare

Mama Doe
Hi guys we 've run out of guineas of both sexes so if any rescues are struggling to re-home their guineas and transport can be aranged then we are happy to take some of your hands.

We neuter both sexes and make sure they are only re-homed to suitable homes.

Here's hopeing we can help each other out. :D

Pm me if you don't want to publicly contact me.

In south and south west london it is a similiar situation. Animal lifeline have a total of 7 neutered males, Bobtails have a handful only, I have none!

The RSPCA are taking about 40 out of a house in Norfolk tomorrow and some are coming down to ARC either this week or in the next few weeks. I have not spoken to the RSPCA as of yet to confirm details. You could always mail Cheryl to see if they need any more places for these.

I understand that Alice Chamberlain in Gloucestershire had over 100 a couple of weeks ago and lots of those were pregnant, I think she had done a big rescue.

I know she needs the help to rehome

The first lot of guinea pigs from the house in Norfolk were brought to me today. There are more coming probably either end of this week or some time next week. Tracy - if you have room to take some still let me know and I will put you in touch with the inspector dealing with them.

Hi Tracey,

Will be in touch asap.

Still reeling from the large rescue earlier this year (20 pregnant sows), now have a phone call of a similar situation in Cheltenham. I am going to ring the lady tomorrow.

Alice

Eek Alice :shock: I'm glad Tracey has space.
We aren't too badly off with the guineas at present, or wouldn't be if the rabbits weren't blocking the piggies summer accomodation :roll: But I can't take anymore until some get rehomed and the rabbit numbers reduce to a sensible level.

sgprescue said:
The first lot of guinea pigs from the house in Norfolk were brought to me today. There are more coming probably either end of this week or some time next week. Tracy - if you have room to take some still let me know and I will put you in touch with the inspector dealing with them.

Will give you a shout in a day or two Cheryl :D but i've no doubt that I can help with some of them.

Hi Tracy,

Had an idea. Are you able to take the healthy ones remaining from the last batch? All of the sows have had their babies and a period of peace and quiet now. I have taken the very thin ones out, some of them really struggled as they all had nasty mange etc, sadly I lost two, they were much too young to have their litters and with the additional pregnancy stress it was all too much.

Anyway, I have a group of 5, 4 sows, one neutered male,
a group of 6, 5 sows, one neutered male,
and two groups of 4 non neutered males.

They are all healthy, all young (under a year I expect). One of the males has a prolapsed penis which is not causing him any problems, and one of the other males has broken a rib, or part of his sternum in the past, but it has healed on its own, and again is not causing him problems.

This way I can sort out the other rescue easier. If the piggies are in the same state as the last bunch they will need quite a long time to recover etc!

Alice

Alice I can take all of these of your hands if we can sort out getting them here. :) Can you give me a ring when you get a moment and we'll see what we can sort out unless a guinea run can be organised. :)

Alice if you need any more help, please shout, may need to organise a piggy run but have room here for piggies if you need some help.

Thanks Janice,

I have put a taxi request on 'Rabbits In Need' for the batch Tracy is helping with.

I collected quite a few more this afternoon, sadly it appears inbreeding has occurred as there are a few with obvious problems. The lady who owned them was really sruggling. The situation arose as she bought a pair being told they were the same sex....She has tried her best in quite a difficult situation, particularly as she did not know how to sex them properly.

I had to leave one batch there, but I brought home 12 adult boars, 2 baby boars, and (I think) 23 sows. Quite a few of the sows are young, however quite a few are pregnant. the ones remaining are all sows, 2 very pregnant.

When they have settled down and are feeling less stressed I will see if any are well enough to travel.

thank you for your offer.

x

Back