• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lady Lydia of Lopsley

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Her beauty comes at a price. She has congenital pododermatitis (sore hocks). She also now has pus around her eardrum :cry: Her Uncle, the late Lord Lopsley's 'problems' first presented with pus around an eardrum.....................

Picture650.jpg

Picture651.jpg

Picture652.jpg

I REALLY hope Lady Lydia will not follow the same path as her Uncle re her health............

Janex

Aw, Fingers crossed for her Jane.

Saw some of these guys advertised on freeads. It made me think of you and Lord Lopsley.

yet another bun with my name , but i dont mind really if a gorgeous bun wants my name she can have it :wink: . hope every things works out or her. lydxx

What a stunner - is she a particular breed :?: ...her fur looks very velvety in the photo like a rex... :love:

BB Mommy said:
What a stunner - is she a particular breed :?: ...her fur looks very velvety in the photo like a rex... :love:

Yes, her fur is 'Rex'. She is a Velveteen. As yet the breed is not standardised but the first Velveteens were a cross between a Rex and an English Lop.

Janex :)

oh she IS a beauty!!! what a gorgeous lady.. may she be blessed with perfect health for all her days!

she is so gorgeous hope she feels better soon and has a very long and healthy life living the life of luxury with you :D

Poor Lydia - she does look quite sorry for herself. :( Let's hope it's nothing serious. Have you told the breeder about her problems?

She is so beautiful :love:

aaaawwww she really is a beauty.. looks like she is begging for a nose rub aawww :wink: Hope she soon recovers from her poorly ear and has a fab time causing havoc for you :wink: :lol: :lol:

Aliandbuns said:
Poor Lydia - she does look quite sorry for herself. :( Let's hope it's nothing serious. Have you told the breeder about her problems?

He knew about them which was why she was not used for breeding. At least her breeder re-homes 'stock' (Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh I HATE THAT WORD :x ) rather than the alternative.........................

I THINK she has been 'trained' to stay in that rather forlorn position when being handled etc. Apparently its part of preparing the Rabbit for showing. I am told it is acheived by lots of regular handling every day from birth.
I dont know if what I have been told is true.
Compared to some of the Rabbits I have had from breeders all the Velveteens have been extremely calm when being handled.
When they are out and about its an entirely different story, they are all NUTTERS!! :lol:

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
Aliandbuns said:

He knew about them which was why she was not used for breeding. At least her breeder re-homes 'stock' (Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh I HATE THAT WORD :x ) rather than the alternative.........................

I THINK she has been 'trained' to stay in that rather forlorn position when being handled etc. Apparently its part of preparing the Rabbit for showing. I am told it is acheived by lots of regular handling every day from birth.
I dont know if what I have been told is true.
Compared to some of the Rabbits I have had from breeders all the Velveteens have been extremely calm when being handled.
When they are out and about its an entirely different story, they are all NUTTERS!! :lol:

Janex
Hi Jane. I now realise that Bournville, my ordinary "moggy"-type bunster, is really a velveteen in disguise!!!! He adopts that position as soon as his feet hit the kitchen table! I knew he had hidden depths! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lady Lydia really is a beauty Jane, she has such an adorable little face... sending lots of healing vibes

This is the problem with new breeds, they are so inbred and need outcrossing more i.e velveteen lops breed out to english lops, then back to velveteens to prevent all these problems. I have my fingers crossed for our Lady, hopefully it'll come to nothing.
Velveteens generally do sit in this positions when still as it is a trait of the english lop. It shows off their mandolin shaped body well which is desirable in both breeds.

I really hope everything works out with Lydia and that you have caught it early - I really hope shes with you for many years...
Shes a beautiful Princess and we love her to bits and pieces

Back